|This article is about the book. You may be looking for the episode, the Buzz Book, the Ladybird book or the magazine story.|
After getting better in Bournemouth, Mrs. Kyndley returns to the Island of Sodor, much to the delight of Thomas and Toby. They decide to have a special Christmas party for Mr. and Mrs. Kyndley as a reward for warning Thomas about the landslide, but they know that Ffarquhar Sheds is much too small. However, they decide that Tidmouth Sheds will be the ideal location and the Fat Controller agrees, though he decides that the special Christmas party will be on Boxing Day. On Christmas morning, the Fat Controller tells Thomas and Toby about the bad weather has made Mr. and Mrs. Kyndley stuck at their home. So, on Boxing Day, wearing snowploughs with a van in between them, Thomas and Toby set off to the rescue. After a very long time to clear away the snow with the assistance from Terence, Thomas and Toby take Mr. and Mrs. Kyndley to Tidmouth aboard Henrietta. The Christmas party is a great success and Mr. and Mrs. Kyndley stay with the Fat Controller and Lady Hatt in Wellsworth until the snow melts.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Mr. Kyndley
- James (does not speak)
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Terence is illustrated with a cab, but without his widow's peak.
- This book was written by request of Britt Allcroft and David Mitton, who provided a rough outline of the story for Wilbert to adapt.
- This book is set during Christmas 1953 after the events in Toby the Tram Engine as Ffarquhar Shed only has two spaces for Thomas and Toby.
- The roundhouse at Tidmouth is present in the story and mentioned as "the new engine shed" in the text, indicating the roundhouse existed since 1953. And besides, the Rev W Awdry mentions (on The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways) that the sheds seen here are the most accurate.
- In the last illustration, James is a 4-4-0.