Thomas' Train and 17 other stories is a UK VHS featuring four first season episodes, one second season episode narrated by Ringo Starr and five third season episodes and eight fourth season episodes narrated by Michael Angelis. It has a run time of one hundred minutes.
The Fat Controller's letter
My Dear Friends,
Indeed, when I presented this news to Thomas, the cheeky little engine had a splendid idea. He was sure you would like a collection of stories old and new and with this in mind we passed a sunny afternoon recounting the many adventures which have taken place on the Island of Sodor.
The result is here for you to enjoy and I trust you will consider it to be a very fine piece of work. Many of Thomas' friends are involved, though I must confess that there are one or two tales I prefer to forget (as you know, I like the engines on my railway to do as they are told but this does not always happen!)
Nevertheless, a royal occasion still evokes fond memories, and some of my engines chuckle even now they recall the time that Percy thought he saw a ghost.
Now as you can imagine we are all very busy here at the moment and I must get back to my engines, but they all send you their very best weeeeeeeeeshes!
Sir Topham Hatt - The Fat Controller
- NOTE: The Fat Controller's letter acts as a description for some UK Thomas videos.
- Thomas' Train
- Thomas and the Breakdown Train
- Whistles and Sneezes
- James and the Express
- Thomas, Percy and the Coal
- Percy's Promise
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon
- Toby's Tightrope
- Thomas, Percy and the Post Train
- Home at Last
- Special Funnel
- Train Stops Play
- Bowled Out
- Paint Pots and Queens
- Special Attraction
- The front cover uses an image from Saved from Scrap.
- The Fat Controller's letter references Ghost Train which is not featured on this video.
- On the back cover, the description of Bowled Out mentions that Daisy is unwell, but Daisy is not in that episode.
- The tape shows the VCI logo from 1995 but the one used was the 1986 one.