|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD or the rolling stock.|
- "James, I think trucks like to be useful, rather than clean!"
- ―Thomas teasing James
Thomas' New Trucks is the nineteenth (sixteenth in Australia) episode of the ninth season.
Thomas and James become competitive about keeping their trucks clean, but at the quarry the trucks bump forward and get covered in dust. Thomas orders his trucks to behave, but they ignore him and get Thomas and themselves showered in coal.
James laughs that Thomas will never win, but Thomas realises that if he uses his old trucks he will not have to worry about getting them dirty. Thomas collects some coal and sets off, but on the way a coupling breaks and Thomas goes ahead of the trucks. He stops too soon, and the trucks crash into him and disintegrate, flinging coal everywhere.
Harvey and the workmen clear up the mess, Thomas collects his new trucks and has the coal loaded into them, and arrives at Brendam without the trucks making any trouble. James gloats his victory, but then is hit by a falling crate of melons. Thomas tells James that trucks prefer to be useful than clean, and the trucks giggle in agreement.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Dockyard Manager
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Cranky (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Anopha Quarry
- Shen Valley
- The Coaling Plant
- Shunting Yards
- Gordon's Hill
- The Washdown
- Going by production order, this is the sixteenth episode of the ninth season.
- This is the first time and only time in the series where Harvey is seen with his claw. It also appeared in the tenth season Learning Segment, Right Sized Engine for the Job.
- When Thomas and James meet at the washdown, they had their trucks swapped out.
- The sound heard when Thomas applied the brakes appears to be telling that Thomas wheels are slipping while his siderods are brake-on, even though Thomas brakes normally.
- When Thomas collects his new trucks, the background to the left (perspective right) appears to be misplaced and tilted.
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Books - Percy and the Spirit of the Island of Sodor
- Magazine Stories - Truck Trouble!
In Other Languages
|Danish||Thomas' Nye Vogne||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Norwegian||Thomas Får Nye Vogner||Thomas Gets New Trucks|
|Swedish||Thomas' Nya Vagnar||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Portuguese||Os Novos Vagões de Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Spanish||Los Nuevos Furgones de Thomas||Thomas' New Trucks|
|French||Les Camions Neufs d'Thomas / Les Nouveau Camions de Thomas (Québec)||Thomas' New Trucks / Thomas' New Trucks (Canada)|
|Dutch||Thomas Nieuw Wagons||Thomas' New Cars|
|German||Thomas Bekommt Neue Waggons||Thomas Gets New Cars|
|Italian||I Nuovi Vagoni di Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Hungarian||Thomas Új Vagonjai||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Catalan||Els Nous Camions Thomas||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Romanian||Nolie Vagoane ale lui Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Gaelic||Na Trugaichean Ura||New Wagons for Him|
|Czech||Tomášovy Nové Vagónky||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Polish||Nowe Wagony Tomka||Thomas' New Cars|
|Croatian||Tomičini Novi Vagoni||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Slovak||Thomasove Nové Vagóny||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Japanese||トーマスのあたらしいかしゃ||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Russian||Новые вагоны Томаса||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Chinese||托马斯的新货车||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Korean||새 짐차 소등||New Wagons Turmoil|
|Greek||Τα καινούρια βαγόνια του Τόμας||The New Wagons of Thomas|
|Thai||รถบรรทุกขบวนใหม่||The New Fleet of Cars|