There are four known windmills on Sodor. One is located near Dryaw on Thomas' Branch Line and was seen in the first season and in the opening of the Classic Series. The second was first seen in the fifth season and can be seen in the opening of the New Series and the CGI Series. The third windmill was seen in Thomas and the Magic Railroad. The fourth windmill, Toby's Windmill, was first seen in the episode of the same name.
- Footage of the windmill from Thomas and Bertie was used to make the opening from the first - seventh seasons.
- Percy once took the oil painter to the windmill in the ninth season while looking for the Spirit of Sodor, but the painter complained that it was too round.
- Thomas was sometimes mistakenly shown on the line that runs past the windmill.
- A slightly different model of the first windmill was used in Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- The third windmill's model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- The windmill was originally going to appear in the aftermath of the storm in Calling All Engines! but this was changed to the suspension bridge.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Brio (discontinued)
- Hornby (retired)