|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book or the magazine story.|
One morning, Thomas is being cleaned when a muddy Gordon arrives. Thomas tells Gordon to have a wash down, but Gordon does not care and leaves. A strong wind is blowing and Gordon's driver tells him to slow down, but that only makes Gordon more cross at being dirty and late. At the next station, Gordon sees a sign saying "All trains must wash down daily".
James is just finishing with his wash down and Gordon's driver tells him it is his turn now, but Gordon lets off steam and mud flies all over James. Gordon's driver tells him that he is a very naughty engine and now he has to wait until James gets another wash, but Gordon does not and leaves to pull the express. The Fat Controller is waiting for Gordon at Knapford and tells him that, because he is muddy, Henry will have to take the express. Gordon is then ordered by The Fat Controller to get cleaned up at once.
Gordon leaves to get a wash down and then pulls trucks for the rest of the day. James is getting ready to pull the express, when Gordon returns. Gordon warns James about the hills being slippery and says that he may need help, but James denies this and leaves. Earlier, a storm had swept across Gordon's Hill, blowing leaves onto the tracks. Though the storm had passed, the hill is still slippery.
When James is halfway up, and tries to pull the train over the hill by himself like last time, his wheels begin to slip, and he rolls back down the hill. Gordon sees everything and helps James up the hill. That night, Thomas asks the Fat Controller if Gordon can pull coaches again. The Fat Controller says, "yes, as long as he stays clean." After he leaves, Gordon states that "Dirty or clean, he's a famous machine," even though there is no one else left awake or around to hear him.
- Gordon's Hill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Lower Suddery
- Knapford Yards
- The Washdown
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Henry's Forest
- This episode is very loosely based on the story Leaves from The Railway Series book, Gordon the Big Engine with a line taken from Paint Pots and Queens.
- The episode can be seen in a Japanese game, Magical Adventure.
- In the episode, the express coaches of James' train are red, but in some photos, they're green.
- A reference to the first season episode, Troublesome Trucks is made.
- The cleaners washing Thomas all have skinny flesh-coloured wires for necks.
- As Gordon says "Mind my eyes!" his right eye is wonky.
- When Gordon bumps the trucks, he bumps them together but in the next shot they are moving one by one.
- When James first sets off with the express, his wheels slip.
- When James is sliding back down Gordon's Hill, a wire can be seen attached to his rear coach pulling him back down the hill.
- Gordon's eyebrows are missing at the beginning.
- When Gordon and James are at the bottom of Gordon's Hill, a signal above them is set for stop.
- In a rare picture of James climbing up the hill, his eyes are wonky.
- When James tries to stop, his pony truck is derailed.
- Gordon is a bit muddy again in Tidmouth Sheds at night at the end.
- The signals at the bottom of Gordon's Hill are incorrect as the yellow Distant Signal is above the red home signal.
- Some music videos reveal that Gordon is absent when James says, "We can do it!"
- In the Norwegian version, James is reffered to as Henry when he says, "Trucks will be trucks."
- Books - Gordon's Trouble with Mud
- Buzz Books - The Trouble with Mud
- Magazine stories - The Trouble With Mud! and Leaves on the Line
In Other Languages
|German||Immer Dieser Schmutz||Again this Dirt|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Os Problemas com Lama||The Problems with Mud|
|Norwegian||Vanskelig Søle||Troublesome Mud|
|Danish||Problemer Med Mudder||Problems with Mud|
|Spanish||Barro Problemas (Castellano) / Los Problemas con el Barro (Latino)||Mud Problems (Castilian) / The Problems with the Mud (Latin)|
|Finnish||Mutaa Matkassa||Muddy Journey|
|Chinese||泥帶來麻煩||Mud Brings Trouble|
|Welsh||Helynt y Mwd||Trouble the Mud|
|Dutch||Die Lastige Modder||That Annoying Mud|
|Slovenian||Težave z Blatom||Problems with Mud|
|Italian||Una Doccia ci Vuole||It Takes a Shower|
|Catalan||Les Problemes Amb el Fang||The Problems with the Mud|
|Hungarian||A Csúszós Vasúti Sín||The Slippery Rails|
|Greek||Το λασπόλουτρο||The Mud Bath|
|Russian||Проблема с грязью||The Problem with Dirt|
|Ukrainian||Клопіт через бруд||Trouble Because of Dirt|
|Romanian||Probleme cu Noroiul||Problems with Mud|
|Slovak||Ťažkosti s Blatom||Difficulties with Mud|
|Czech||Potíže s Blátem||Problems with Mud|
|Swedish||Vanskelig Søle||Difficult Spill|
|French||Les Problèmes Avec Boue / Les Boue Problèmes (Québec)||The Problems With Mud / The Mud Problems (Canada)|
|Polish||Błotne Kłopoty||Mud Trouble|
|Thai||กอร์ดอนไม่อยากอาบน้ำ||Gordon Did Not Want to Bath|
|Korean||진흙투성이, 고든||Muddy Gordon|
Home Media Releases