- “If you were going any slower, you'd be going backwards!”
- ―Max to Buster
Thomas takes Buster to the newly built Sodor Racetrack to smooth the track, but Max and Monty tease Buster about being slow and challenge him to a race. When the work is done, Miss Jenny allows Max, Monty, and Buster to test the racetrack. Max and Monty race off with Buster trundling behind, but Max and Monty end up in a ditch, while Buster trundles ahead and wins the race. When Thomas takes Buster home, Max and Monty argue over who came in second and third.
- This episode is based on Aesop's fable of the same name.
- This episode marks Buster's last appearance until The Great Discovery.
- This marks the only appearance of the Sodor Racetrack in the spin-off Jack and the Pack to date.
- At the very beginning of the episode, a camera shadow is seen following Thomas.
- Thomas' right eye is wonky for a good portion of the episode.
- At the end of the episode, the narrator says that Thomas came back to get Buster, but Thomas is present when Buster crosses the finish line.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||De haas en de schildpad|
|German||Die Schildkröte und der Hase|
Home Media Releases
UK DVD Boxsets
US DVD Boxsets
- Totally Thomas Volume 9
- Thomas' Trusty Friends and On Site with Thomas Double Feature
- Ultimate Thomas Collection