|This article is about the biography book. You may be looking for the television documentary.|
|The Thomas the Tank Engine Man|
The Thomas the Tank Engine Man is the official biography of the Reverend W. Awdry.
- Introduction - "Points of Departure"
- Prologue - "The Station Master's Office"
- Chapter 1 - "'Eyes full of twinkle'"
- Chapter 2 - "'I am working very hard'"
- Chapter 3 - "'A very charming fellow indeed'"
- Chapter 4 - "On the Right Lines"
- Chapter 5 - "'A Little Engine Called Edward'"
- Chapter 6 - "'A Cheeky Little Engine'"
- Chapter 7 - "'A Splendid Red Engine'"
- Chapter 8 - "The Discovery of Sodor"
- Chapter 9 - "Branching Out"
- Chapter 10 - "New Lines on Old Lines"
- Chapter 11 - "Steaming On!"
- Chapter 12 - "All Change!"
- Chapter 13 - "End of the Line?"
- Chapter 14 - "Full Steam Ahead!"
- Chapter 15 - "Really Useful Engines"
- Chapter 16 - "Destinations"
- Epilogue - "Journey's End" (2015 edition)
- Acknowledgements (2015 edition)
- The book is dedicated to Margaret Awdry and George Awdry. The updated edition is also dedicated to both Wilbert Awdry and Hilary Fortnam.
- On the 13th May 1986 Brain Sibley narrated a program for BBC Radio 4 under the same name, (later repeated on 10th January 1987) and later a television documentary by Nicholas Jones, also of the same name was broadcasted on BBC 2 on February 25th 1995. The documentary was also repeated two years later on April 15th 1997 in honour to commemorate the passing of Wilbert Awdry.
- A new edition of the book was originally going to be released on July 7th 2015 by Lion Books. The publication date is pushed to May 15th.
- Daniel Coffey, Sam Wilkinson and Owen Bell were all acknowledged for helping Brian on the updated edition, while Gyles Brandreth also contributed in writing the forward for the book.
- Lion Hudson (also known as Lion Books) approached Brian Sibley, and decided to help republish the book after Egmont Publishing denied his request.
- George Carlin's surname is misspelled "Carling" in the original edition. This was later corrected in the updated edition.