- “Who knows, maybe millennium from now, new life forms will bare witness to the enduring appeal of this little engine and his friends.”
- ―the narrator
The Thomas & Friends Institute of Innovation is a film produced by Studio Hansa between 2013 and 2014. It was created to promote Thomas and Friends to commissioners and merchandising partners worldwide.
- Paul Freeman as the narrator
- It mixes model animation with CGI.
- For unknown reasons, the film has not been released to the general public and is still confidential, although brands can arrange for private viewings.
- A rendition of the original Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends theme is used. This was previously featured in the sixteenth season, Percy and the Calliope.