The Runaway Elephant is the sixteenth episode of the seventh season.
A new park is being opened and Duncan is bossing the other engines about and telling them to do their work quicker. When Duncan finishes his jobs, he is asked to take an elephant statue down to the park, but carelessly leaves without a brake van. Duncan also ignores the warnings to slow down and thus runs out of control, finally derailing at the park and sending the elephant flying into the pond. Duncan is repaired in time for the opening, but is surprised to find the elephant still in the pond due to general favour of the elephant's position, and embarrassed to be lauded by the others for his fortunate mistake.
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Whispering Waterfall
- Elephant Park
- Rumblin Bridge
- Tea Room Station
- Trestle Bridge
- Rocky Ridge Line
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-third episode of the seventh season.
- A deleted scene from The Old Bridge is used.
- This is the fourth episode to date to use a rendition of Gioachino Rossini's "William Tell Overture" and the second time it's used in the seventh season. The first being Busy Going Backwards, the second being Thomas the Jet Engine, and the third being Rheneas and the Roller Coaster. However, like the aforementioned episode, this was only in the UK and international versions, and unlike the previous episodes, the music was only played briefly.
- The events of this episode were mentioned by Duncan in the eighteenth season episode, Emily Saves the World.
- When Duncan arrives at the sidings to collect the statue, the trucks that were previously there when he was at the station have disappeared. Also, Duncan arrived from a dead end.
- In one scene, Duncan's driver changes appearance.
- When Duncan rushes past Rusty, the narrator says: '"Slow down!" whistled Rusty,' but Rusty is a diesel engine and diesels have horns. Also, the line behind Rusty leads to bushes.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Den flyvende elefant||The Flying Elephant|
|Japanese||にげたぞう||The Runaway Elephant|
|Hungarian||Az elefánt||The Elephant|
|Italian||Duncan e l'elefante||Duncan and the Elephant|
|Romanian||Elefantul Fugar||Elephant Fugitive|
|Welsh||Llyn Eliffant||Lake Elephant|
|Slovak||Utečený slon||Escaped Elephant|
|Korean||코끼리 둥상||Elephant Escape|
|Polish||Słoń Uciekinier||Runaway Elephant|
|Swedish||Elefant på irrvägar||Runaway Elephant|
|Thai||ดันแคนทำพลาด||Duncan is Missed|