The Railway Stories: The Little Old Engine and other stories is a BBC audiobook featuring twelve stories from the Railway Series, narrated by Michael Angelis.
- Domeless Engines
- Pop Goes the Diesel
- Dirty Work
- A Close Shave
- Home at Last
- Rock "N" Roll
- Little Old Twins
- "Hullo Twins!"
- The Missing Coach
- Break Van
- The Deputation
- The Sounds Song
- Surprises (instrumental)
- Engine Roll Call
- The front cover of the audiobook shows Rheneas, who is never featured nor mentioned in this audiobook.
- When first released, the text on the back cover of the BBC audiobook said: "Will Duncan or Douglas get to stay?" This was later corrected by AudioGo.
- In "Pop Goes the Diesel", Diesel says "Don't you want this lot?" and "And I've taken all this trouble...Why didn't you tell me?" in James' voice.
- Duncan speaks in the Fat Controller's voice in "Home at Last" and speaks in Gordon's voice in "Rock 'n' Roll".
- In "Little Old Twins", Michael Angelis pronounces Talyllyn as "Taly Lyn".
- At the beginning of the Twin Engines, Michael Angelis says "Hello Twins" instead of "Hullo Twins".
- Michael Angelis forgets to say the following lines: "Next day, he spoke to the trucks" in "Dirty Work" and "The Fat Controller pondered" in "The Deputation".
- Diesel 10 is mentioned in "Strength", but he isn't a Railway Series character.