There are many barges that reside on Sodor.
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
Bob and Steve
|This article is about the barges. You may be looking for the driver.|
- "Oh well, nice time of the year for a cruise..."
- ―Diesel 10 upon plunging into the barge, Thomas and the Magic Railroad
Bob and Steve are two barges that are used at Knapford Harbour. They are used for hauling various kinds of cargo, like hay, China clay, crates of treacle, stone or coal. Diesel 10 once plunged into one of these barges hauling sludge, after falling off the Big Dipper in pursuit of Thomas and Lady.
Bob and Steve's hulls are painted black and their decks are painted red. Their names are painted on their bows in white.
- Season 2 - Thomas and Trevor, Percy Takes the Plunge, The Diseasel, Wrong Road and Woolly Bear
- Season 3 - Diesel Does it Again, and No Joke for James
- Season 4 - Special Attraction
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (one only)
- The name "Steve" may be a reference to assistant director and model supervisor, Stephen "Steve" Asquith. Whereas the name "Bob" could either be a reference to producer, Robert "Bob" D. Cardona, or art director, Robert "Bob" Gauld-Galliers.
- Since the third season, Bob and Steve's names are not painted on them.
The Jetty is a railway barge used for transferring rail-based transport such as trucks across the Callan Pond. It is old, weathered and rotted and has not been used for a long time, a railway line is now build around it. Thomas once crashed into it, causing the jetty to send him straight to the other side and sink.
The Queen of Sodor
|This article is about the barge. You may be looking for the DVD.|
- "That slimy old tub?!"
The Queen of Sodor is a leaky old barge and is the biggest barge on Sodor.
She also appeared in the book, James and the Queen of Sodor.
The Engine Float
- "Look, that's perfect! I can ride to the mainland on that!"
The Engine Float is a railway barge used for transporting engines.
The Canal Barges
Canal Barges are often used to carry supplies and goods along the canals, where no wide boats can go. Thomas has a liking towards these barges, and likes to see them chuging along.
- 2003 - Feeding Time
Another appeared in an annual.
Various other barges have also appeared around the harbours of Sodor.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued; as "Sodor Bay Cargo Ship")