There are many barges that live on Sodor. They are used for delivering cargo and even vehicles.
Dignity is the name of a small barge that delivers cargo to Knapford Harbour.
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
Bob and Steve
|This article is about 'the barges'. You may be looking for 'the driver'.|
- “Oh well, nice time of the year for a cruise...”
- ―Diesel 10 upon plunging into the barge, Thomas and the Magic Railroad
Bob and Steve are the names of two barges that once resided at Knapford Harbour. They have been used for delivering many kinds of cargo, such as hay, China clay, treacle, stone or coal. Diesel 10 once plunged into one of these barges hauling sludge, after falling off the Big Dipper in pursuit of Thomas and Lady.
Bob and Steve's hulls are painted black and their decks are painted red. Their names are painted on their bows in white.
- Season 2 - Thomas and Trevor, Percy Takes the Plunge, The Diseasel, Wrong Road and Woolly Bear
- Season 3 - Diesel Does it Again, and No Joke for James
- Season 4 - Special Attraction
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (one only)
- The name Steve may be a reference to assistant director and model supervisor, Stephen "Steve" Asquith. Whereas the name Bob could either be a reference to producer, Robert "Bob" D. Cardona, or art director, Robert "Bob" Gauld-Galliers.
- Since the third season, Bob and Steve's names are not painted on them.
The jetty is a barge used for transferring rail-based transport such as trucks across the Callan Pond. It is old, weathered and rotted and has not been used for a long time since a railway line is now build around the pond. Thomas once crashed into it, causing the jetty to send him straight to the other side and sink.
Queen of Sodor
|This article is about 'the barge'. You may be looking for 'the DVD'.|
- “That slimy old tub?!”
The Queen of Sodor is the name of a leaky old barge and is the biggest barge on Sodor.
She also appeared in the book, James and the Queen of Sodor.
- “Look, that's perfect! I can ride to the Mainland on that!”
The rail barge is used for transporting engines and rolling stock.
Canal barges are often used to carry supplies and goods along the canals where no wide boats can go. Thomas has a liking towards these barges and likes to see them moving along.
- 2003 - Feeding Time
Another canal barge appeared in an annual.
Many other barges have also appeared around the harbours of Sodor.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued; as "Sodor Bay Cargo Ship")