The Perfect Gift is the twentieth (fourteenth in Australia) episode of the eighteenth season.
The whole island is celebrating Christmas and there are decorations everywhere. But it does not look very festive at the scrap yard. Percy starts to worry that Reg is missing out and he tries to find something to give Reg to cheer him up. But Reg only seems happy about scrap. Percy discovers that Reg is celebrating Christmas in his own way and has been making decorations from the scrap.
- The Teacher
- The Bird Watcher
- Two Schoolgirls
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- One of Dowager Hatt's Friends (cameo)
- The Blond-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Ginger-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Grumpy Passenger (cameo)
- The Lady with the Big Hat (cameo)
- The Postman (cameo)
- The Great Railway Show Judge (cameo)
- The Knapford Stationmaster (cameo)
- The Wellsworth Stationmaster (cameo)
- This is the last episode produced by Robert Anderson, and the first produced by Brian Lynch.
- In Australia, this episode was first available to view on the ABC iView online service on December 21st before its television broadcast.
- The traditional song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" is heard instrumentally three times throughout the episode.
- Going by production order, this is the fourteenth episode of the eighteenth season.
- The flatbed in front of Percy at the scrapyard seems to appear out of nowhere.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||レッジのクリスマスプレゼント||Reg's Christmas Gift|
|Spanish||El regalo Perfecto||The Perfect Gift|
|Polish||Prezent idealny||Perfect Gift|
|Dutch||Het Allermooiste Cadeau||The Most Beautiful Gift|
|Hungarian||A Tökéletes Ajándék||The Perfect Gift|
|Romanian||Cadoul Perfect||Perfect Gift|
|Russian||Идеальный подарок||The Perfect Gift|
|French||Le Noël de Reg||Reg's Christmas|
|Czech||Perfektní dárek||Perfect Gift|
|Brazilian Portuguese||O presente perfeito||The Perfect Present|
|Norwegian||Den perfekte gaven||The Perfect Gift|