The Mayor of Sodor is in charge of the Island.
The Mayor has attended many important events with the Fat Controller over the years such as the reopening of Great Waterton, the unveiling of the new Lion of Sodor statue, and attending Dowager Hatt's party at Knapford.
Several different mayors have appeared in the magazine stories.
He had a role in the cancelled episode The Importance of Being Patrick
- 1993 - Thomas and the New Clock! (does not speak)
- 1995 - The Engine Parade! (does not speak)
- 1996 - Important Passengers! (mentioned)
- 2001 - A Song for Caroline (cameo)
- 2003 - False Alarm, Broken Bridges (does not speak)
- 2004 - Pony Pick-Up!, Daisy's Delight (mentioned) and Place to Play (does not speak)
- 2007 - Airship
- 2008 - Toby's Triumph (cameo)
- 2010 - In a Spin
- 2011 - , Ready, Jet Set, Go! (does not speak), Off Colour (does not speak), Musical Trucks (does not speak), Jumping Jobi Wood (mentioned), Thomas' Tall Friend (cameo), Little and Light (mentioned), and A Lion on Sodor
- 2012 - Bubbling Boiler (does not speak), Express Coming Through! (cameo), Wonky Whistle (cameo), Thomas' Tall Friend (does not speak), Welcome Stafford (cameo), Clock Countdown (cameo), A Whoosh of Water! (mentioned) and Clock Countdown (cameo)
- 2013 - , Ready, Jet Set, Go! (does not speak), and Whiff's Wish (cameo)
The Mayor of Sodor also appeared in the magazine stories, Boat Afloat, Daisy's Day, Special Passengers, Spotty Spencer, and The Flower Train.
The Mayor and Sir Topham Hatt aboard Gordon