Tom Tipper the postman owns a special Mail Van which he uses for collecting mail and delivering mail. The van was once taken away and replaced with a bike while Tom was ill, but was soon put back into service after Percy accidentally ran the bike over.
The Sodor Mail Van is based on similar vans built by Morris and Bedford in the 1940's and 50's for mail collection and deliveries in country areas all over England.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (with flatbed; discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (normal, advertisement with Mr. Bubbles, and metallic)
- Nakayoshi (with mailbox; discontinued)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- The Sodor Mail Van also shares the same body as the bakery van.
- The Sodor Mail Van's television series model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- The Sodor Mail Van is the only faceless vehicle to have its own nameboard.