|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the Danish DVD or the Hungarian DVD'.|
- “The magic lamp, I know isn't true
it's just an old story, and quite silly too!”
- ―Peter Sam
The Magic Lamp is the fourteenth episode of the ninth season.
The winch at the incline has broken down. While waiting for new parts for the winch, Skarloey tells the engines about Proteus and his magic lamp, fabled to grant wishes to its finder. Peter Sam scoffs at the tale, but when he takes a wrong turn and finds clues that the tale claims hints to the location of the lamp, he starts to have faith, until he finds that the lamps he sees are a fogman's lamp, a bonfire at a campsite, and last of all, Harold's searchlight. Harold directs Peter Sam to the right line, and Peter Sam realises that maybe just believing in the lamp will grant your wishes.
- Peter Sam
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Proteus (does not speak)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Skarloey Coal Yard
- Transfer Yards
- Skarloey Bridge
- The Campsite
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds (deleted scene)
- In the shots of Harold facing the camera while speaking to Peter Sam, Peter Sam's small-scale model is used.
- Going by production order, this is the seventeenth episode of the ninth season.
- At the beginning of the episode, Rusty can be heard chuffing, despite not being a steam engine.
Home Media Releases