|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the statue, the DVD or the book.|
- “This is the finest statue I've ever seen!"
"And the cleanest!”
- ―The Mayor and the Fat Controller
The Lion of Sodor is the second episode of the thirteenth season.
Thomas is given the job of transporting a crate containing a very special statue called The Lion of Sodor. However, he thinks his cargo is a real lion, so he decides to take extra care of it. En route to Knapford, Thomas decides to make sure the lion is well fed and comfortable, so he collects syrup from Henry, fish from Edward and straw from Toby, which are all put inside the crate. When Thomas arrives at Knapford station, the crate is opened up and everyone is shocked to see the Lion of Sodor in a terrible mess. Thomas feels very silly and owns up to what he thought of his cargo. The Fat Controller and Henry explain that the Lion of Sodor was a special statue which got broken. Thomas' cargo was the new statue of the Lion. Feeling silly, Thomas agrees to get the statue clean. Taking advice from Henry and Edward, he gets it cleaned at the wash-down and then polished at the Sodor Steamworks. Once the Lion of Sodor looks very clean, Thomas takes Toby's advice to a short-cut via the windmill to get back to Knapford station, where the Mayor of Sodor is very pleased to see the new statue.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Mayor of Sodor
- Emily (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Ginger-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Blond-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Schoolchildren (cameo)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Lady with the Big Hat (cameo)
- The Female Puppet Show Entertainer (cameo)
- Victor (mentioned)
- The Viaduct
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Steamworks
- The Windmill
- The Washdown
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Ben Small as Thomas and Toby
- Keith Wickham as Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, The Fat Controller, and The Mayor of Sodor
- Matt Wilkinson as Cranky
- Martin Sherman as Thomas and Percy
- William Hope as Edward and Toby
- Kerry Shale as Henry, Gordon, James and Sir Topham Hatt
- Glenn Wrage as Cranky
- David Bedella as The Mayor of Sodor
- This episode marked the first of a few things:
- The Mayor of Sodor's first speaking role.
- The first appearance of the Viaduct since the seventh season and its first appearance in CGI.
- This episode was shown in select US theatres in October 2010.
- Buster's theme from Thomas and the Moles when he flattens the molehills is heard.
- When Thomas arrives at the docks, the flatbed is missing its axles. Also, when he first arrives, it is lighter in colour.
- Toby said he only has straw in his trucks, but as he had flatbeds, he should have said on his trucks.
- The narrator said Thomas' engineer (driver) put the syrup in the lion's crate, but it is really his fireman (identified by his moustache).
In Other Languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||O Leão de Sodor|
|Catalan||El Lleó de Sodor|
|Danish||Løven fra Sodor|
|Dutch||De Leeuw van Sodor|
|German||Der Löwe von Sodor|
|Greek||Το λιοντάρι του σοντορ|
|Indonesian||Singa dari Sodor|
|Italian||Il Leone di Sodor|
|Norwegian||Løven på Sodor|
|Romanian||Leul din Sodor|
|Spanish||El León de Sodor|
|Welsh||Y Lew O Sodor|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 12||Season 13||Season 14 >>|
|#01||Creaky Cranky||#08||Thomas and the Pigs||#15||Splish Splash Splosh|
|#02||The Lion of Sodor||#09||Time for a Story||#16||The Biggest Present of All|
|#03||Tickled Pink||#10||Percy's Parcel||#17||Snow Tracks|
|#04||Double Trouble (Season 13)||#11||Toby's New Whistle||#18||Henry's Good Deeds|
|#05||Slippy Sodor||#12||A Blooming Mess||#19||Buzzy Bees|
|#06||The Early Bird||#13||Thomas and the Runaway Kite||#20||Hiro Helps Out|
|#07||Play Time||#14||Steamy Sodor||