|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the statue or the DVD.|
|The Lion of Sodor|
The Lion of Sodor is the second episode of the thirteenth season.
Thomas is given the job of transporting a crate containing a very special statue called The Lion of Sodor. However, he thinks his cargo is a real lion, so he decides to take extra care of it. Throughout his journey to Knapford, Thomas decides to make sure that the lion is well fed and comfortable, so he collects syrup from Henry, fish from Edward, and straw from Toby, which are all placed inside the crate. When Thomas arrives at Knapford station, the crate is opened up and everyone is shocked to see the Lion of Sodor in a terrible mess. Thomas feels very silly and owns up to what he thought of his cargo. The Fat Controller and Henry explain that the Lion of Sodor was a special statue which got broken. Thomas' cargo was the new statue of the Lion. Feeling silly, Thomas agrees to get the statue clean. Taking advice from Henry and Edward, Thomas gets it cleaned at the wash-down and then polished at the Sodor Steamworks. Once the Lion of Sodor looks very clean, Thomas takes Toby's advice to a short-cut via the windmill to get back to Knapford station, where the Mayor of Sodor is very pleased to see the new statue.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Mayor of Sodor
- Emily (cameo)
- Victor (mentioned)
- The Viaduct
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Steamworks
- The Windmill
- The Washdown
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- This episode marks the Mayor of Sodor's first speaking role.
- This episode was shown in select US theaters in October 2010.
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas, Toby, Henry, and Edward's trains.
- When Thomas arrives at the docks, the flatbed is missing it's axles.
- Also, when he first arrives, it is lighter in colour.
- Toby says that he has straw in his freight trucks, but he only has one flatbed, meaning it would be on it.
- Thomas turns around at Knapford three times, much too quickly, with no turntable in sight.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Løven på Sodor||The Lion On Sodor|
|Dutch||De Leeuw van Sodor||The Lion of Sodor|
|Japanese||ソドーとうのライオン||The Lion of Sodor Island|
|Welsh||Y Lew O Sodor||The Lion of Sodor|
|Swedish||Sodor s lejon||Sodor's Lion|
|German||Der Löwe von Sodor||The Lion of Sodor|
|Brazilian Portuguese||O Leão de Sodor||The Lion of Sodor|
|Finnish||Sodor n Leijona||Sodor's Lion|
|Danish||Løven fra Sodor||The Lion from Sodor|
|Polish||Lew Sodor||The Lion of Sodor|