The Horrid Lorries, individually referred to as Lorry 1, Lorry 2, and Lorry 3, are three small lorries.
When Percy was late one day, Cranky suggested that a lorry could do his work. True to his word, three red, incredibly rude lorries arrived the next day. They called Percy a "little green goblin on wheels", insulted Thomas and James, and told Toby to "toodle off to a museum". Of course, all three got their comeuppance in due course: One fell off a mountainside, one broke down after being overloaded with flour, and one reversed into the sea. They were sent away, but not before being nicknamed "Smashed", "Broken", and "Sunk" by Thomas.
The lorries are mean and rude to the engines. They like to tease them and get them into trouble.
The lorries are based on AEC Hanson lorries.
The Horrid Lorries are painted red. They sometimes have grey hoods over their beds.
- Faceless Horrid Lorry models are on display at Drayton Manor.
- After their episode, the lorry models had their faces and registration plates removed and were used as props.
- A fourth Horrid Lorry, painted yellow, is seen at the crossing in the book, Thomas and Toby. A green Horrid Lorry can also be found on an official 65th anniversary board game.
- ERTL (all three; discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (all three; discontinued)
- Take-Along (Lorry 1; discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (Lorry 1; discontinued)
- My First Thomas (Lorry 1)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (all three; discontinued)