The Greatest Stories is a two-disc US and Canadian DVD set which was released in commemoration of the 65th anniversary of the Railway Series, featuring two first season episodes, two second season episodes, two third season episodes, one fourth season episode, one fifth season episode, one seventh season episode, four eighth season episodes, two ninth season episodes, two tenth season episodes and three eleventh season episodes.
With Thomas & Friends, children enter an exciting world of imagination with adventures full of friendship, cooperation and discovery. In this special 2-disc set, see how Thomas met his famous friends and became one of the most beloved preschool characters of all time. With legendary narrators George Carlin, Ringo Starr, and Alec Baldwin guiding the tour, this is one express train you don't want to miss!
- Thomas Gets Tricked (Ringo Starr)
- Edward Helps Out (Ringo Starr)
- Diesel's Devious Deed (Ringo Starr)
- Percy's Ghostly Trick (George Carlin)
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon (George Carlin)
- Trust Thomas (George Carlin)
- Henry and the Elephant (George Carlin)
- Cranky Bugs (Alec Baldwin)
- Snow Engine (Michael Brandon)
- Thomas Saves the Day (Michael Brandon)
- Edward the Great (Michael Brandon)
- James Gets a New Coat (Michael Brandon)
- Thomas to the Rescue (Michael Brandon)
- Thomas and the Birthday Picnic (Michael Brandon)
- Emily Knows Best (Michael Brandon)
- Percy and the Carnival (Michael Brandon)
- Thomas and the Birthday Mail (Michael Brandon)
- Sir Handel in Charge (Michael Brandon)
- Skarloey Storms Through (Michael Brandon)
- Duncan Does it All (Michael Brandon)
- "Create Your Own Thomas Story" from Track Stars
- "How Did Thomas Meet His Friends?" Trivia Game
- Storybook Adventure Game from Thomas' Sodor Celebration!
- Thomas Saves the Day Enhanced Read-Along
- Four Sing-Along Karaoke Videos:
- Four Music Videos:
- Thomas Gets Tricked and Edward Helps Out use the British narration.
- At the end of Diesel's Devious Deed, "steam" sound effects from Mr. Conductor's whistle can be heard.
- In James Gets a New Coat, the freight cars' laugh is muted out.
- Just like in the PBS airing Differences, the music in Thomas to the Rescue when Salty is at the quarry delivering fuel is absent.
- The back cover says that one of the bonus features is a DVD ROM feature with colouring pages and a desktop wallpaper. But this feature only works for computers running Windows XP operating systems.
- This is the second US DVD to feature UK episodes.
- Some of the clips used in the Thomas' Trivia Game are from UK narrations of episodes.
- The eleventh season episodes use the eighth-tenth season intro and end credits.
- This particular release would later influence the artwork for complete series DVDs in the UK.
- On some later releases, it came with Blue Mountain Mystery Collectable Coloring Books.
- The audio overlaps in the French narration of Cranky Bugs.
- In "How Did Thomas Meet his Friends?" Trivia Game, video footage from Come Out Henry, A Big Day for Thomas, Thomas Saves the Day, Trouble in the Shed, Thomas Breaks the Rules, Emily's New Coaches and Duncan and the Old Mine were used.
- There's a UK version of this DVD called The Best of Thomas and this UK DVD contains two first season episodes and one second season episode narrated by Ringo Starr, two third season episodes, and one fourth season episode, one fifth season episode, two sixth season episodes, one seventh season episode, one eighth season episode, two ninth season episodes, two tenth season episodes, three eleventh season episodes, one twelfth season episode, and one thirteenth season episode narrated by Michael Angelis.
- Diesel 10 is on the artwork for Disc 1, but he is not in any of the episodes.
- An image from the CGI Series is shown when one moves the cursor on the Netflix release, but no episodes from the CGI era are included.