|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
|The Grand Opening|
The Grand Opening is the twenty-first episode of the seventh season.
Skarloey is often late doing maintenance work and the Fat Controller is cross and worried that he may be late for the grand opening of Rumblin Bridge station. On the day of the grand opening, Lady Hatt and the Fat Controller charter the hot air balloon to take them to Rumblin Bridge, but the balloon's burner runs out of fuel and the balloon falls into a tree. Luckily, Skarloey, who is as late as ever, is nearby and the Hatts hitch a ride with him to the station.
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Harold (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Annie (cameo)
- Tiger Moth (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Stock footage from Something Fishy is used.
- When Skarloey puffs into the station at the beginning, the puffing sound does not match the speed at which he is travelling.
- When the Fat Controller says "The wind direction is perfect", his arm slowly slides downward.
- When Skarloey approaches a level crossing, a man can be seen on the far left as a blue tractor passes over the crossing.
- Skarloey's brakevan is referred to as a box car.
- The Skarloey Railway is incorrectly referred to as the Mountain Railway.
- The steam platform is visible when Skarloey arrives at Rumblin Bridge.
- In a close-up shot of Skarloey's driver, Skarloey has a gold ring around his front window. In non close-up shots, the frame is not there and the window also appears to be much smaller.
- Lady Hatt (as balloon starts to fall): I want to get off!
- The Fat Controller: Not now, dear.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ききゅうとかいつうしき||The Balloon and the Opening Ceremony|
|Danish||Åbningsceremonien||The Opening Ceremony|
|Swedish||Den stora invigningen||The Grand Opening|
|Italian||La Grande Inaugurazione||The Grand Opening|