|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the DVD, or the character.|
August 14th, 2002
The Fogman is the sixth episode of the sixth season.
Cyril, a friendly fogman who lives in Misty Valley, earns his keep by putting detonators on the rails to warn the engines of landslides. However, when the Fat Controller acquires an electric foghorn, Cyril is given a rest and the foghorn is put on the hillside. Ironically, the vibrations from the foghorn create a landslide, which sweeps onto the track and derails Thomas. As Toby and Henrietta approach the site, Cyril puts down a cap to warn them, just in the nick of time. Once the mess is cleared up, Cyril is reinstated as Misty Valley's fogman.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Cyril the Fogman
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Terence (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Mirrored stock footage from James and the Trouble with Trees is used.
- The sound used for the fog horn is the same as Derek's horn sound.
- When Percy is traveling through Misty Valley and the fog horn goes off, he says "Oh jeepers!" in the US version and "Oh bother!" in the UK version.
- In Sweden this episode is called "Fog Horn". In Japan, this episode is called "Fogman".
- In the close-up of Percy at Misty Valley, the tracks in the background lead to the bushes. In the same shot, a wire can be seen in Percy's right-front window. He also is not pulling any trucks like in the surrounding shots.
- At the beginning of the episode, Thomas' driver has blond hair; after the crash, he has brown hair.
- When Thomas runs over the detonator, Annie is facing the wrong way.
- Thomas is cross-eyed after he crashes into the rubble.