|This article is about the UK VHS. You may be looking for the episode or the Philippine DVD.|
The Deputation and Other Stories, also known as Volume 6 in New Zealand, is a UK/AUS/NZ VHS featuring ten second season episodes narrated by Ringo Starr. It was later re-released in 1992 under the name Ghost Train and Other Stories in the UK.
It's full steam ahead for Thomas, the little blue engine with the short stumpy funnel, short stumpy boiler and short stumpy dome and his special friends Gordon, Henry, James, Percy, Edward, Toby, Annie and Clarabel the carriages and of course Boss, the Fat Controller. His friend, storyteller Ringo Starr says 'Thomas is Number One and never lets anyone forget it!'
- The Deputation
- Thomas Comes to Breakfast
- Percy's Predicament
- The Diseasel
- Wrong Road
- Edward's Exploit
- Ghost Train
- Woolly Bear
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Some copies of the 1988 Australian release included a fan card.
- Some copies of the Screen Legends release feature no logo on the start of the tape, whilst others have a still of the logo remaining before the end of the tape.
- The end of each episode on the 1991 Australian release has the Clearwater Features endboards cut.
- The front cover of the 1988 Australian release features a promotional image of Edward from the first season. The back cover features an image of Thomas, Annie, and Sir Topham Hatt from the same season.
- The front cover of the Australian re-release features an image from Thomas, Terence and the Snow. The back cover features an image from Thomas' Christmas Party.
- The front cover of the New Zealand release features a photo from the cancelled episode The Missing Coach.
- The front cover of the UK re-release features an image from The Runaway.
- This was the last VHS released by Festival Records and CEL Home Video.
- This was the last UK VHS to feature Nameboards.
- On the back cover of the 1987 UK release, Thomas and The Missing Christmas Tree is referred to as "Thomas' Missing Christmas Tree."
- On the back cover of the UK re-release, The Diseasel is misnamed "The Diesel" and the T in Percy's Predicament is not in bold like the rest of the title.