Besides Cranky, Big Mickey, Colin, Merrick, Reg, Beresford and Carly, there are several other Cranes that are used around the harbours of Sodor and the Mainland to lift heavy cargo from ships and other things.
The Rolling Gantry Crane
It first appeared in the Railway Series book, Henry the Green Engine and has been stationed at Tidmouth Harbour since. In the television series, it first appeared in the first season up until the seventh season. It last appeared in the spin-off series, Jack and the Pack episode Jack Owns Up.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
Some miniature cranes used as background stock from TUGS also started appearing in the television series from the second season onwards and they were animated to appear past the switch-over in the CGI Series. The cranes were seen across the Island of Sodor in different locations mainly used at the harbours. One of the miniature cranes is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- De Agostini (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Departing Now (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
Various stationary Steam-Powered Cranes have been used as background stock in the television series. More specifically these cranes have been seen at the Timber Yard, Fishing Village, Boulder Quarry, the Works, Knapford Sheds and the Wharf.
- The large-scale model of the Narrow Gauge Breakdown Crane was briefly reused as a stationary crane used for set dressing at the Works and Knapford Sheds in the seventh season episodes, Something Fishy, Gordon and Spencer and Bulgy Rides Again.
The Crocks Scrapyard Crane
The crane was painted brown.
These cranes were painted brown and red.
The "Grabber" is the nickname for a crane with large retracting claws used for dismantling, smelting and scrapping machinery based at the Sodor Ironworks.
Once, 'Arry and Bert wrongfully shunted Stepney underneath the giant grabber, with the intention of scrapping him. Thankfully, the Fat Controller arrived in the nick of time and shut the grabber down.
- In the fifth season episode, Stepney Gets Lost, the narrator implies that the "Grabber" is sentient.
- Tomica (discontinued)
The cranes were painted brown.
The cranes are based on photo references of various cranes from the 1920s to the 1950s. Cranky is also a member of this class.
- 2017 - Gina the Smart Engine
Other various types of cranes have been used as background stock in the television series. These can be found all over the Island of Sodor.
- Wooden Railway (Various versions)