|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the Chinese DVD.|
The Afternoon Tea Express is the twenty-sixth (fourteenth in Australia) episode of the seventeenth season.
Stephen becomes very excited when the Earl gives him the special job of collecting the ingredients for the afternoon teas at the Castle. But Spencer teases him about being too old and slow. Stephen is cross, but is soon steaming around Sodor picking up all the ingredients. But soon, Gordon puffs up behind him, and tells him to hurry up. He then pushes Stephen quickly along the rails up to the junction to Ulfstead Castle. Spencer is surprised to see Stephen back so soon.
Stephen pretends to have been really fast. Over the next few days, Stephen is pushed by, Thomas, James and Emily, making him super fast. But when he is collecting jam for the Earl, Lady Hatt and the Fat Controller, none of the engines are there to push him. However, he finds Spencer, who pushes him the fastest up to the castle. But he goes so fast, he can't stop and biffs into the buffers at Ulfstead Castle, making the four barrels of jam fly all over the Earl, Lady Hatt and the Fat Controller.
After he apologises, he takes the visitors to the castle on a tour of Sodor whilst getting more jam, and realises that going slow is not that bad after all.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Sir Robert Norramby
- Thomas (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Emily (does not speak)
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford (do not speak)
- Millie (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Dairy Manager (cameo)
- The Two Bakers (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- Dowager Hatt's Friends (cameo)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (cameo)
- The Great Railway Show Judge (cameo)
- Ulfstead Castle
- Sodor Dairy
- Sodor Bakery
- Gordon's Hill
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Animal Park
- Coastal Cliffs
- Going by production order, this is the fourteenth episode of the seventeenth season.
- This is the final episode narrated by Kalle Øby in Norway.
- This is also the final episode directed by David Baas.
- This episode marks Lady Hatt's last speaking role until the twentieth season episode, Engine of the Future.
- This episode marks the last appearance of the Sodor Bakery until the twentieth season episode, All in Vain.
- Stephen has his old, black funnel. Although, a rare picture shows him with his correct white funnel.
- The open-topped carriage constantly changes height throughout the episode.
- Stephen's trucks swap places during his journey.
- Lady Hatt has her UK voice in the US.
- When Stephen and Gordon go over the camera, Gordon seems to be pulling less than six carriages when in the next few shots he has six carriages.
- When the narrator is talking about Stephen getting pushed by other engines, he says "The next day" even though Stephen's runs are weekly.
- When the barrels of jam fly onto the platform at Ulfstead Castle, the narrator says that the barrels "smashed to the ground." However, the barrels never broke, they remained completely intact.
- Take-n-Play - Stephen's Sticky Delivery
- Books - The Rocket Returns
- Magazine stories - The Afternoon Tea Express
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Thee met een Sneltreinvaart||Tea with an Express Speed|
|Greek||Το απογευματινό εξπρές του τσαγιού||Afternoon Tea Express|
|Norwegian||Ettermiddagsteekspressen||The Afternoon Tea Express|
|Japanese||アフタヌーンティーきゅうこう||The Afternoon Tea Express|
|Spanish||El Expreso del Té de la Tarde||The Afternoon Tea Express|
|Polish||Herbatkowy ekspres||The Tea Express|
|Hungarian||A délutáni tea expressz||The Afrernoon Tea Express|
|Hebrew||רכבת של שעת התה||Train of Teatime|
|Italian||L'Espresso del Tè delle Cinque||The Five 'o Clock Tea Express|
|Russian||Послеобеденное чаепитие||Afternoon Tea Party|
|Portuguese||O Expresso do Chá da tarde||The Afternoon Tea Express|
|Romanian||Ceaiul de După-Amiază||Afternoon Tea|
|Czech||Expres odpoledního čaje||Afternoon Tea Express|
|German||Die Kaffeefahrt||The Coffee Trip|
|Thai||รถด่วนน้ำชายามบ่าย||Afternoon Tea Express|
|Latvian||Pēcpusdienā tēja express||Afternoon Tea Express|
|Korean||티타임 특급열차||Tea Time Express Train|
|French||L'Express Du Goûter des Elfes||The Express to the Taste of Elves|
|Chinese||下午茶特快车||Afternoon Tea Express|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 16||Season 17||Season 18 >>|
|#01||Kevin's Cranky Friend||#10||Not Now, Charlie!||#19||The Missing Christmas Decorations|
|#02||Scruff's Makeover||#11||The Lost Puff||#20||The Frozen Turntable|
|#03||Wayward Winston||#12||The Thomas Way||#21||Away From the Sea|
|#04||Gordon Runs Dry||#13||The Phantom Express||#22||The Smelly Kipper|
|#05||Calm Down Caitlin||#14||Percy's Lucky Day||#23||No More Mr. Nice Engine|
|#06||Steamie Stafford||#15||Bill or Ben?||#24||Gone Fishing (episode)|
|#07||Henry's Hero||#16||Too Many Fire Engines||#25||Thomas' Shortcut|
|#08||Luke's New Friend||#17||No Snow for Thomas||#26||The Afternoon Tea Express|
|#09||The Switch||#18||Santa's Little Engine||