Tesshō Genda (born May 20th, 1948 as Mitsuo Yokoi) is a Japanese voice actor who provided voices in the Japanese version of Thomas & Friends.
He is most famous for voicing Tigger from "Winnie the Pooh", the Fourth Doctor from "Doctor Who", Mace Windu from "Star Wars", Foghorn Leghorn from "The Looney Tunes Show", doing the official dubbing of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone, Sunaotoko from "Soreike! Anpanman", Batman from "Batman: The Animated Series", and Optimus Prime from "Transformers". He was also the voice of Action Kamen from "Crayon Shin-Chan".
- Even though they did not appear together onscreen, he and Togo Igawa (Who also played Hiro in TTTE, though in the US and UK dubs) both had roles in the "Speed Racer" film.
- Both he and Hiroshi Iwasaki dubbed George Costanza from "Seinfeld".
- Both he and Kōzō Shioya dubbed "Mulan".
- Both he and TUGS voice actor Sean Barrett voiced Gabimaru 'Gogol' Rikiya from "Cyber City Oedo 808" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Salty's Lighthouse voice actor Scott McNeil voiced Teniente Reed from "Mobile Suit Gundam" in their respective languages.
- He, alongside Hidenari Ugaki and Tomohiro Nishimura, voiced Udaijin from "Soreike! Anpanman".
- Both he and Leszek Zduń voiced Masked Muchacho from "Shin Chan" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Jarosław Domin played Inspector Gadget in their respective languages.
- Both he and Blas García voiced over Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone in their respective languages. They also voiced Optimus Prime from Michael Bay's "Transformers" series.
- Both he and Dafnis Fernández voiced Bad Cop from "The Lego Movie" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Igor Cruz voiced Suppa Manfrom "Dr. Slump" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Pedro D'Aguillón Jr. voiced Gizmo from "Rolie Polie Olie" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Nir Ron voiced General Li from "Mulan" in their respective languages.
- He worked alongside Hirohiko Kakegawa, Rokurō Naya, and Hideyuki Umezu on "The Swan Princess II: Escape from Castle Mountain".
- Both he and Wataru Hatano played G1 Optimus Prime.
- He, along with Naoki Tatsuta and Ryoichi Fukuzawa voice characters from "Winnie the Pooh".
- Tesshō, Diego Brizzi, Dariusz Odija, Kai-Henrik Möller and Tobias Diakow all did dubbings for "Doctor Who". John Ogwen, Michael Brandon, Glenn Wrage, John Hurt, Olivia Colman, Tom Stourton, Nigel Plaskitt, Simon Fisher-Becker, Kerry Shale, Martin Sherman, John Schwab, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Miranda Raison and Hugh Bonneville all had actual roles on the show. Togo Igawa also had a role in one of it's spin-offs "Torchwood". Mieczysław Morański dubbed "K9" and Józef Pawłowski and Mattia Nissolino dubbed "The Sarah Jane Adventures" which were both spin-offs of the show. Maggie Ollerenshaw, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Andrew Sachs also starred in several audio spin-offs.
- He, Ryoichi Fukuzawa, Naoki Tatsuta, Santiago Ziesmer, Gerald Schaale, Jim Cummings, Humberto Vélez, Francisco Colmenero, Dov Reiser, Blas García, Jarmo Koski, Mahito Tsujimura, Mario Filio and Saar Badishi have all worked on "Winnie the Pooh".