Take Along was a Thomas and Friends die-cast toy range produced by Learning Curve. In 2010, the range was discontinued and sold to Mattel, who launched a revamped version of the merchandise under their subsidiary, Fisher-Price. It was renamed Take-n-Play. The Take Along toys are still compatible with the new Take-n-Play range.
- Annie and Clarabel (released separately; re-issued 2005, sold together in multi-pack)
- Tidmouth Milk Tanker (released separately; re-issued 2005, sold together in multi-pack with Caboose)
- Sodor Line Caboose/Break Van (released separately; re-issued 2005, sold together in multi-pack with Milk Tanker)
- Tar and Fuel Tankers (sold together in multi-pack)
- Magic Cargo Car
- Oil Barrel Car
- Scented Orange Barrel Car
- Coal Hopper Car
- Dinosaur Museum Cars
- Oil Car
- Zoo Cars
- Rock Hopper Car
- Smelting Shed Cargo Car
- Misty Valley Fog Cars
- Jack Jumps In 'Movie Car'
- Faulty Whistles 'Movie Car'
- Mail Car
- Fireworks Car
- Musical Caboose
- Farmer McColl's Chicken Cars
- Collector Vehicle Pack (includes Silver Thomas, Metallic Percy, Lady and Sodor Line Caboose)
- Calling All Engines! (includes Exclusive Faced Thomas and Diesel 10, and Lady and Mavis)
- Thomas' Holiday Pack and Snow-Globe Car
- James Goes Buzz Buzz (includes Bee-Covered James with Red Nose and 1 Truck)
- Percy and the Wharf Cars (includes Percy and 2 Trucks)
- Percy and the Chocolate Cake Cars (includes Percy and 3 Trucks)
- Jack and Alfie
- Percy and Engine Wash Car (includes Bubble-Covered Percy with 1 Truck)
- Gift Pack #1 (includes Lady and Bertie)
- Gift Pack #2 (includes Spencer, Duncan, Terence, Jack and Emily)
- Faulty Whistles (includes Rusty, Duncan, Elizabeth and Terence)
- Jack Jumps In (includes Thomas, Jack, Alfie and Mavis)
- The Pack (includes Jack, Alfie, Ned, Patrick, Byron, Max, and Monty)
- Roadway Gift Set (includes Bertie, George, Terence and Lorry 1)
- Thomas and Paint Car (includes Paint-Covered Thomas and 1 Truck)
- Sir Handel and Apple Car (includes Sir Handel and 1 Truck)
- Trevor and Apple Car (includes Trevor and 1 Truck)
- Thomas with Tidmouth Snowglobe Car and Holiday Caboose
- Thomas and the Jet Engine (includes Thomas and 2 Trucks)
- Thomas and the Reindeer Express
- Salty and the Ocean Cars (includes Salty and 2 Trucks)
- Rusty and the Rescue Cars (includes Rusty and 2 Trucks)
- Percy and Holiday Cars
- Thomas and Birthday Cars (includes Confetti-Covered Thomas and 2 Trucks)
- Percy and Birthday Cars (includes Confetti-Covered Percy and 2 Trucks)
- Thomas and Easter Cars
- Holiday Percy and Holiday Caboose
- Toby and Christmas Cars
- Birthday Celebration (includes Confetti-Covered Thomas and Percy with 2 Trucks)
- Down by the Docks (includes Salty, Harvey, Duck and 1 Truck)
- Thomas and "Days Out with Thomas" Tanker
- Thomas at Morgan's Mine (includes Surprise-Faced Thomas with 1 Truck)
- Rheneas and the Dinosaur Cars (includes Rheneas and 1 Trucks with Dinosaur Skeleton)
- Harold and the Sodor Airport Vehicles
- Thomas and Ice-Cream Sundae Cars (includes Chocolate-Covered Thomas with 2 Trucks)
- Toby and Sodor Carnival Cars
- Toby and Zoo Car (includes Special Toby with 1 Truck and a Lion)
- Thomas and "Christmas Mail Service" Car
- Thomas' New Trucks (includes Coal Dust Thomas, Bill, Ben and 1 Truck)
- Great Waterton Grand Opening (includes Sodor Day Percy, Decorated Caboose, Jack and Alfie)
- Thomas and the Treasure (includes Gold-Dust Thomas, Pirate Cove Car, Movie Car, and Treasure Chest Cargo Car)
- Muddy Adventure (includes Muddy Thomas, Muddy Rosie, Muddy Elizabeth and Muddy Billy)
- Hiro's Farewell Fireworks
Play-scenes with DVD
- Thomas and the Special Letter
- James and the Trouble with Trees
- Percy Takes the Plunge
- Henry and the Elephant
- Emily's Adventure
- Thomas to the Rescue
- Gordon Takes a Tumble
Special edition engines
- 60th Anniversary silver Thomas
- Metallic Thomas
- Metallic James
- Metallic Percy
- Metallic Gordon
- Metallic Toby
- Metallic Henry
- Metallic Spencer
- Metallic Diesel
- Metallic Rosie
- Metallic Oliver
- Metallic Molly
- Metallic Neville
- Metallic Emily
- Metallic Lady
- Metallic Edward
- Metallic Duck
- Metallic 'Arry and Bert
- Metallic Thomas, Toby and Percy
- Metallic Diesel, 'Arry and Bert
- Metallic Thomas, Duck and Lady
- Metallic James and Thomas
"Lights and Sounds" engines
- Narrow Gauge ID 4 Pack (includes Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Duncan, and Stepney)
- James & Hector Work it Out Set
- Work and Play Roundhouse Set
- Sodor Engine Works Set
- Sodor Timber Yard
- Rescue Station Set
- Let's Have a Race Set
- Sodor Mining Co.
- Brendam Docks Set
- Harold's Heliport Set
- Centre Island Quarry Set (Some sets came with Free Sampler DVD, Quarry Adventures On Sodor)
- Sodor Airport
- Morgan's Mine Set
- Knapford Station
- Sodor Steamworks (yellow version of Sodor Engine Works)
- Marshalling Train Yard Set
- Working Hard Set
- Percy and the Carnival Adventure Set
- Really Useful Engine Set
- Thomas & Percy Starter Set
- Toby's Main Line Set
- Water Tower Figure 8 Set
- Bridges and Tunnels Set
- Knapford Mail Express Set
- Great Waterton Fold & Go Set
- Smelting Yard (with Duck)
- Cranky the Crane
- Wellsworth Station (with Mavis)
- Gantry Crane (with Salty)
- Drawbridge (with Skarloey)
- Echo Waterfall Tunnel (with Culdee)
- Tidmouth Engine Sheds (with Gordon)
- Water Tower (with Fergus)
- Travel Tote
- Island of Sodor playmat
- Bag of Track
- Curved and Straight Track Pack
- Cross and Switch Track Pack
- Bridge Track Pack
- Engine Belt (with Skarloey)
- Storage Case
- Great Waterton Expansion Pack
- Ultimate Track Pack
- Rosie Circle Track Set
- This range originally launched as a Target Exclusive in 2002 and ran until 2005, when the range lost exclusivity and began being sold in other retailers.
- Edward and Gordon's prototype models had black tender wheels.
- Gordon and Diesel 10 had circular buffers.
- The character card for the metallic 'Arry and Bert read "Arrt and Bert".
- The character card for the metallic Gordon featured Thomas with Edward.
- The character card for Jeremy showed an ordinary jet plane.
- Mavis' prototype had red sideplates and white wheels. She also had a second face overlapping another one.
- Hiro was the final character released from Take Along.
- Duck's model has grey wheels.
- Duncan's model has white wheels, yet his prototype had the correct black ones.
- James' metallic model had red wheels and Toby's metallic model had brown wheels.
- Hiro is the largest in the range.
- Culdee's model has buffers.
- Butch, Lorry 1, Patrick, Max, Monty, and Madge's models had buffers on their backs, as did later releases of Elizabeth.
- Bertie and Trevor were released both with and without rear magnets.
- The "Railway Bus" and "Anti-Rail League" banners on Bulgy's model are on the opposite sides compared to the television series.
- The Narrow Gauge 4 Pack contained Stepney despite him being a standard gauge engine.
- Gordon, Spencer, Emily, Murdoch, Freddie, D199, Hiro and Mike had incorrect wheel arrangements due to sizing constraints.
- There were two versions of James' standard model. One had grey wheels with a yellow #5 and the other had black wheels and a gold number. If James was in a multi-car pack or playset, it was the latter variant.
- Annie and Clarabel had white wheels and red bufferbeams; they should have all been black. Ironically, they were originally meant to have the black wheels.
- The mail coach was depicted as an open wagon.
- A promotional advertisement picture of the Take Along range showed the ERTL models of Bertie and Harold instead of their Take Along ones.
- Three characters exclusive to the Railway Series have been produced: D199, Culdee and Mike, who were all Railway Series exclusives at the time of the range's release.
- Trevor's model had grey wheels, when it should have had red wheels with black rims.
- Murdoch's tender wheels were orange instead of black.
- Douglas' character card had a picture of a scene from the cancelled episode, The Missing Coach.
- The re-released Working Hard set had Molly, Neville and Edward replacing Thomas and Duncan and two more trucks added and also, the cargo loader in the set gains a different colour.
- Daisy's prototype had six wheels at the front.