- Diesel 10
- Murdoch (discontinued)
- Sir Handel
- Duke (discontinued)
- Mighty Mac (discontinued)
- Hiro (normal and "patchwork")
- Hank (discontinued, re-introduced 2014)
- Arthur (discontinued, re-introduced 2014)
- Bill and Ben
- Freddie (discontinued; re-introduced 2014)
- Flora (discontinued)
- D199 (discontinued)
- Neville (discontinued)
- 'Arry and Bert
- Peter Sam
- Victor Comes to Sodor
- Victor's Great Splash
- Duncan (coming soon)
- Annie and Clarabel (2013 separate re-introduction)
- Troublesome Truck (re-introduced 2014 in teal and red liveries)
- Diesel Oil Tanker (discontinued, re-introduced 2013)
- Magic Quarry Car
- Storybook Car
- Sodor Supply Co.
- Sodor Zoo Snake Car
- Farm Animal Car
- Bubbles Car
- Spider Exhibit Car (discontinued)
- Sodor Mining Co. Car (discontinued)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Musical Caboose
- Sodor Cement Mixer (discontinued)
- Crocodile Special
- Sodor Circus Monkey
- Sir Topham Hatt's Car
- Elizabeth (discontinued)
- Mr. Percival's Car (discontinued)
Special Edition Engines
- Chocolate Covered Thomas
- Jelly Bean Percy
- Holiday Thomas
- Holiday Percy
- 65th Anniversary Thomas
- Silver Thomas
- Thomas and the Raft (K-Mart exclusive)
- Smelly Scruff
- Kevin's Oil Spill
- Spills and Thrills Thomas
- Thomas and Rosie (discontinued)
- Percy and Mavis
- Toby and Flora
- Thomas, Percy, and Rosie
- Percy's Sweet Special (Includes Chocolate Covered Percy, a Mr Jolly's Chocolate Factory truck, and a Sodor Sweet Shop tanker)
- Spencer's Heavy Haul (Includes Spencer and two special trucks)
- Gordon's Snowy Special (Includes snow covered Gordon and two trucks with coal and log loads)
- Emily Stuck in the Brush (Includes muddy Emily and two trucks)
- James' Muddy Mess (Muddy James with two trucks) (discontinued)
- Thomas and the Troublesome Trucks (Includes Thomas and two trucks)
- Thomas and the Treasure (Includes Thomas and a Pirate's Cove truck with a treasure chest)
- Hank and the Fishes (Includes Hank, a boat on a flatbed, and a Brendam Fish Market truck) (discontinued)
- Thomas and the Bees (Includes bee-covered Thomas, a bee car, a bee hive truck, and a honey tanker)
- Harold and the Rescue Cars (Includes Harold, a flatbed with lifeboat supplies, and a Sodor rescue truck with magnetic load)
- Henry and the Gold Mine (Includes Henry and a gold mine truck)
- Edward and the Jobi Tree (Includes Edward and two log cars with Jobi Wood) (discontinued)
- Charlie and the Aquarium (Includes Charlie, a fish truck, and a fish tank car)
- Thomas and the Lion of Sodor (Includes Thomas, the lion of Sodor on a truck, and a boxcar)
- Pop Goes Thomas (Includes a lemonade-covered Thomas and lemonade truck) (discontinued)
- Percy Hard at Work (Includes Percy and three Sodor Construction Company trucks with loads that create a covered bridge)
- James' Ice Cream Express (Includes James, flatbed with ice cream containers, and Sodor Sweet Shoppe tanker)
- Salty's Catch of the Day (Includes Salty, a tanker, a Brendam fish market truck, and a boat on a flatbed)
- Steamies vs. Diesels (Thomas, Percy, Diesel, and Mavis)
- Thomas Hard at Work (discontinued)
- Kevin's Helping Hook
- Percy and Kevin to the Rescue
- Thomas to the Rescue
- Scruff's Dirty Job
- Surprise, Surprise at the Steamworks
- Tree Trouble at the Dieselworks (Includes Thomas, Den, a flatbed with a Christmas tree, and car with a barrel)
- Search and Rescue Centre Gear Thomas (Kmart exclusive)
- Muddy Ferdinand
- Victor and the Oil Cargo
- Rocky's Search and Rescue (discontinued)
- Thomas at the Fair
- Tales from the Past Engines (Includes muddy Thomas, wood-covered Diesel, jam-covered Percy, and partially repainted Victor)
- Percy's Bumpy Delivery
- Diesel's Spider Delivery
- Salty's Diesel Delivery
- Diesel's Engine Repair
- Rheneas' New Coat of Paint (discontinued)
- Sir Handel at the Quarry
- Thomas at the Winter Festival
- Thomas at the Halloween Celebration
- Thomas at the Spring Fair
- Thomas at the Summer Festival
- Gordon's Rattling Cargo
- Whiff's Messy Day
- Stephen and the Treasure
- Flynn to the Rescue
- Percy's Catapult Cargo
- Salty's Surprise at Brendam Docks
- Thomas the Red Nose Engine
- Thomas' Tall Friend
- Diesel's Mine Discovery
- Thomas' Treasure Find
- Percy's Fishery Delivery
- Lift and Load Charlie
- Harvey's Heavy Haul
- Gator's Mysterious Cargo
- Percy's Fossil Dig
- Stephen's Sticky Delivery
- James and the Flying Kipper
- Porter's Dockside Dash
- Ben's Cement Mix-up
- Edward and the Dairy Spill (coming soon)
- Thomas' Favorite Friends (Inculdes Thomas, Percy, Diesel, Victor, Dash, Kevin, Winston, Harold, Captain and Bertie) (Toys R Us exclusive)
- Reg's Christmas Surprise
- Rock Mining Adventure
- Diesel 10
- Sir Topham Hatt's/The Fat Controller's Musical Caboose
- Troublesome Trucks
- Percy at the Dieselworks
- Thomas and Percy Hard at Work (Kmart exclusive)
- James with Castle Crest
- Flynn to the Rescue
Pull 'n' Zoom
Speedy Launching Engines
- Thomas at Tidmouth Sheds
- Bill at the Scrapyard
- Charlie at the Reptile Shed
- Thomas at the Farm
- Percy's Mail Delivery
- Cranky at the Docks
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tote-a-Train Playbox
- Rescue From Misty Island (discontinued)
- Knapford Station Playset
- Sodor Shipping Company Load and Go Playset
- Totally Tidmouth Playset
- Colin at the Wharf
- Sir Handel at Great Waterton
- Rock Quarry Run
- Tidmouth Tunnel starter set
- Toby at Trotter's Farm (Tesco exclusive)
- Sodor Engine Wash
- The Dieselworks
- Talking Diesel's Fuel and Freight Delivery
- Rumbling Gold Mine Run
- Thomas at Pirate's Cove (only at Target)
- Engine Lift Repair Shop
- Sodor Search and Rescue Centre
- Great Quarry Climb Playset (reissued 2013)
- Twist and Tumble Cargo Drop
- Sodor Paint Shop
- Paxton at the Blue Mountain Stone Shed
- Thomas at the Ironworks
- Slate Loading Station
- Thomas' Treasure Hunt Adventure
- Around the Rails with Thomas
- Blue Mountain Quarry Deluxe Set (only at Toys R Us)
- Sodor Lumber Company
- Thomas' Shark Exhibit
- Thomas' Adventure Castle
- Treasure Tracks
- Brendam Docks
- Lion Canyon
- Percy's Penguin Adventure
- Thomas Portable Set
- Percy Portable Set
- Diesel Portable Set
- Sodor Spiral Run
- Whiff's Banana Blooper
- Stanley's Construction Clash
- Bash's Tree Tumble
- Diesel's Double Delivery
- Salty's Flip Track
- Spills and Thrills on Sodor
- Roaring Dino Run
- Dash's Misty Island Mission
- Skarloey at the Wharf
- Thomas and Cranky's Cargo Drop
- Toby and the Spooky Barn
- Paxton's Blizzard Blunder
- Scrapyard Cleanup Team
- Percy to the Rescue
- Tower Spiral Tracks with Thomas
- Tower Spiral Tracks with Percy
- Tower Spiral Tracks with Diesel
- Rattling Rails Set
- Straight and Curved Track Pack
- Straight, Curved and Crossings Track Pack
- S-Curve Track
- Flexi Track Pack
- Bridge Track Pack
- Thomas' Bridge Delivery (discontinued)
- Mini Spiral Track
- Go Go Speedy Railway
- Bridge Fold Out Track
- The toys are modified versions of the Take-Along range.
- Gordon, Emily, Murdoch, Spencer, Hank, both versions of Hiro, Freddie, Connor, Caitlin, Gator, D199 and Class 40 have a reduced number of wheels due to sizing constraints.
- Belle has the most wheels of any engine (not counting their tender wheels), even though several engines have the same amount as or (in Connor's case) more than she does in the TV show. Her wheels are also solid blue instead of red with blue rims, even though some other engines before her had coloured rims.
- Kelly's prototype was a repainted Take-Along Max or Monty model with the breakdown crane added on.
- The Storybook Car's prototype had yellow magnets.
- Captain's model does not have a mast.
- The Knapford station set has shed doors.
- Whiff's model is incorretly depicted as an 0-4-4 instead of a 2-2-4 wheel arrangement. This was corrected on the 2013 models.
- Salty's bufferbeam was red instead of yellow. This was corrected on the 2013 model.
- Annie and Clarabel's wheels were white instead of black. This was corrected on their 2013 models.
- Sidney's model is missing the warning panel underneath his face.
- The prototypes of Emily, Molly and the Big City Engine had six wheels on their tenders, while their final models have four.
- Some engines do not have a hollow area for their cab.
- Charlie's prototype had a black dome.
- The Slate Loading Station is a re-coloured Load-n-Go set.
- The front end of Victor's saddletank above his smokebox in flashback, sea-soaked, and partially-repainted form is black instead of yellow.
- Luke and Norman have black buffers instead of silver ones.
- D199's side detail is reversed compared to his other merchandise models.
- Class 40's bogies do not rotate.
- A prototype drawing shows that Sir Handel was going to be included in the Tidmouth Tunnel Starter Set.
- In 2013, all the models were reissued with slight alterations, most distinctively to their faces and wheels. These changes coincided with the moving of production from China to Thailand.
- In 2014, many of the models were reissued again, this time with circular magnets similar to the Wooden Railway line of toys. All new releases from summer 2014 onwards have circular magnets as well.
- The 2014 re-releases of the tank engines have squatter cabs and domes, the former with the windows blacked out.
- The 2014 re-release of Kevin has rail wheels.
- The 2014 re-releases of the tender engines have four-wheeled tenders and their leading and trailing wheels molded into their undercarriages.
- The prototype rusty Stephen had Dash's cab and bunker, a tall funnel, and a silver driving wheel.
- Stephen's rusty model depicts him with a tender, despite him not having one prior to his restoration.
- So far, three characters exclusive to the Railway Series have been produced.
- Timothy, 'Arry, Bert and the 2013 models of Diesel, Paxton, and Sidney all have siderods moulded onto their sides.
- Hank's model does not have a front coupler like other Take-n-Play engines and his television series appearance. Interestingly, Connor and Caitlin's models have front couplers, while their front couplers are concealed in the TV series. This is also the case with their Wooden Railway models.
- The teal Troublesome Truck resembles Rickety.
- Stafford's prototype had no number or nameplate.
- Culdee's model has buffers.
- From 2013, some models have buffer prints that go beyond the raised area.
- As of mid-2014, most of the models do not have painted buffers or cylinders.
- From 2013 onwards, most of the packages feature a picture of the engine in CGI. Engines who have not yet appeared or are unlikely to appear in the CGI series are given a pseudo-CGI look on the packaging. The exceptions are Harvey, Molly, Douglas, and Hector, whose packaging features their TV series models.
- The packaging for Whiff's Banana Blooper, Stanley's Construction Clash, and Bash's Tree Tumble all say "As seen on DVD" with the Spills and Thrills DVD shown, but none of those engines or situations appear in any episode on that DVD.