TOMY (known as TAKARA TOMY in Japan) is a Japanese toy manufacturer. In 2011, the company acquired Learning Curve and all the product ranges distributed by them. TOMY has produced the following Thomas and Friends toys:
- Wooden Railway (sold to Fisher-Price, Mattel in 2011)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains
- Thomas preschool toys, including Thomas Big Loader and Thomas Aquadraw
- Tomica die-cast toys
- Tomix Trains
- Bath toys, including Thomas, James, Percy, Rosie, and Stanley.
They also produce the following non-Thomas toys:
- Plarail (known as Tomica World outside Japan), a battery powered plastic train system which became Motor Road and Rail in the UK and US. After Fisher-Price bought the TrackMaster range, TOMY began to produce the Plarail items in a range called Tomica in the UK, US, and Australia.
- Tomica (not to be confused with the current range in the UK), a series of die-cast cars that were compatible with Plarail.
- Motorized construction sets that involve characters dumping and loading small spheres and transporting them.
- Licensed products, notably Nintendo and Disney franchises.
- Various games, including board, pocket, and downloadable games.
- Slot car sets
- Baby and nursery toys