Swing King Cranky is a magazine story.
One day, Thomas was delivering some goods to the Docks. Cranky lifted up Thomas' truck, but he didn't know that Thomas wasn't uncoupled. Thomas' back end is lifted into the air before, finally, the coupling snaps. Thomas lands on his sides, denting his tanks and making his wheels wobble. Cranky is sorry and lifts Thomas into the air with some chains. Thomas enjoyed swaying back and forth in the wind, but Cranky's hook was becoming sore and soon has to put Thomas down. Thomas declares that they are now even, Cranky has damaged Thomas' tanks and wheels and Thomas has made Cranky's hook sore! Thomas rushes to the sheds to tell the other engines all about his day.
- Readers were able to interact with the story with the tools that came free with the magazine.
- Why would Cranky lift the entire truck anyway?
- Thomas should have been uncoupled from the trucks before they were lifted.
- Thomas should not have been allowed to go home without having his "wobbly wheels" inspected.
- When lifted by Cranky, Thomas isn't secured properly.