|This article is about the 2007 magazine story. You may be looking for the 2006 magazine story.|
- "Hello, old friend!"
- ―City of Truro to Duck
Surprise Visitor, republished in 2012 and 2014 as City of Truro, is a magazine story.
Duck is envious because nobody comes to the Island of Sodor to see him, like they do to see Thomas. Duck wants to be alone, but a special visitor is returning to the Island. The special visitor roars through the station where Sir Topham is waiting to greet him, because the special GWR engine wants to see someone special. It is Duck's very special friend, City of Truro. Now Duck is no longer envious.
- City of Truro
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo; 2007 version only)
- James (cameo; 2007 version only)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- The plot references the third season episode, Gordon and the Famous Visitor.
- Beginning with this story, City of Truro now has a face.
- After the story, readers could colour in a picture of City of Truro.
- City of Truro is missing the red lining on his tender, his nameplate, and his number plaque. His safety valve is grey.
- The rails do not have spikes.
- In the second illustration, Duck's running board is red and his number is missing.