Stuck in Gear is the fourth episode of the twenty-first season.
After pushing past a fallen tree on the line, a branch gets stuck in Harvey's crane gears. However, he is too shy to ask for help, so instead, he hides himself from the other crane-less engines so he would not get laughed at. After running away from Brendam Docks, Harvey, trying to fix his crane himself by pushing it against a tunnel wall, ends up derailing himself.
Soon enough, Salty arrives and goes to get help. Thomas takes Harvey to the Steamworks, lecturing him that broken-down engines are not made fun of and sometimes a fuss is needed to get the job done. Harvey learns from his lesson and once out of the Steamworks, his crane gear is smoother than ever before.
- Some Dock Workers
- Victor (does not speak)
- Rocky (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Bill and Ben (cameo)
- Stanley (cameo)
- Caitlin (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- The Dock Manager (cameo)
- One of Dowager Hatt's Friends (cameo)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Crosby Tunnel
- Sodor Steamworks
- The Dinosaur Park
- John Hasler as Thomas
- Keith Wickham as Harvey, Salty, some Passengers, some Dock Workers and Emily's crew
- Teresa Gallagher as Emily and some Passengers
- Matt Wilkinson as Cranky
- Rasmus Hardiker as a Dock Worker (uncredited)
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Keith Wickham as Harvey and Salty
- Jules de Jongh as Emily
- Glenn Wrage as Cranky
- Rasmus Hardiker as a Dock Worker
- A large rail section has been built at Brendam Docks between Cranky and Big Mickey, which foreshadows the arrival of Carly when she is introduced later in the season.
- Going by production order, this is the fifth episode of the twenty-first season.
- Towards the end of the episode, Victor is on standard gauge rails.
- David Bedella is credited in the UK credits despite none of his characters speaking in that dub. This may have been because Victor was originally supposed to speak.
- Helpful Harvey
In Other Languages