| Steamies vs. Diesels and Other|
May 18th, 2004
Steamies vs. Diesels and Other Thomas Adventures is a US VHS/DVD featuring four eighth season episodes narrated by Michael Brandon and two songs. Lionsgate released the title for digital download in 2013.
On the Island of Sodor, two kinds of engines help keep Sir Topham Hatt's railway running smoothly - steamies and diesels. But is the Island big enough for both? It's not always easy for these engines to put aside their differences and work together. See what happens when the diesels tease Thomas. Will Thomas come to their aid when they need this Really Useful steamie's help? And when Gordon develops some very loud squeaks and rattles, will Sir Topham Hatt retire him to the yard for good? That's what the diesels say!
Get on board with the steamies and the diesels and see how they finally learn that, from brake pipe to buffer, all engines are more alike than not.
- Different Sounds
- Getting There
- Guess the Engine - Emily
- Steamie Stumpers Quiz
- Sodor Sounds
- Steamie or Diesel?
- Friends Facts
- Sneaks Peeks
- This is the first Thomas & Friends DVD and VHS release to contain New Series episodes.
- Because of that, it is also the first VHS/DVD release to have Learning Segments and the New Series music.
- When the narrator says "oiled Diesel" the subtitles for Thomas to the Rescue say "boiled Deisel".
- In the "Steamie or Diesel" game, Spencer is called a Diesel and Spencer says he has a horn instead of a whistle.
- In the DVD menu, Annie and Clarabel's names are missing.
- The image for Thomas to the Rescue in the episode selection menu uses the image on the cover instead of a still from the episode.
- Douglas appears in the trailer, but he does not appear in any of the episodes.