Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sir Handel has recently had new wheels fitted and he claims that he is better than the others, episodically the time when Peter Sam got a new funnel. Skarloey, attempting to bring Sir Handel down to size, tells him of an anti-railway steamroller named George, whom Sir Handel vows to pay out. Sir Handel is later bringing a special train home when he meets George on the alongside road, making it near impossible for him to pass. After the steamroller refuses to move aside, the two have a shouting match which ends when George crashes into Sir Handel's train. The next day, a fence is put up and George is taken away. Sir Handel claims credit, but loses his pride when some boys start lauding him with his race with the roller.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- The Little Boys
- The Policeman
- Thomas (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Duke (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Gallant Old Engine.
- This episode marks Sir Handel's last speaking role until the tenth season episode, A Smooth Ride.
- Thomas has James' whistle sound.
- Rheneas appeared in this episode, but he is supposed to be at the Works, not to return until Gallant Old Engine.
- Skarloey's white stripe on his boiler is crooked.
- Throughout the episode, red wires are visible on George.
- In the first shot of George, his face is crooked.
- George's face is out of place in the first two scenes of him at the level crossing.
- When Sir Handel goes over the crossing, the sign post moves slightly. This also happens when George goes over the crossing.
- When George crashes into the trucks, they derail, but in the next shot, they are tipped over.
- In the last scene, Rusty is tilted.
- On his way back to the sheds, Sir Handel passes a red signal.
- When George crashes into the trucks, a workman figure on the left of the screen has fallen onto the stone wall.
- The two times Sir Handel is at the railway sheds he is covered in soot, but the two times he is at the level crossing he is spotless.
- When George is backing up before making rude remarks about the engines, there is a pile of asphalt in front of him. However, in the next shot, it is a pile of gravel.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Dampveivalsen||The Steam Roller|
|German||Die Dampfwalze||The Steamroller|
|Spanish||La Gran Carrera||The Great Race|
|Welsh||Olwynion mawr||Big Wheels|
|Hungarian||Az Úthenger||The Drum|
|Ukrainian||Паровий Каток||Steam Roller|
|Slovenian||Parni valjar||Steam Roller|
|Czech||Parní Válec||Steam Roller|
|Romanian||Utilajul de Netezit||Smoothing Machine|
|Slovak||Parný Valec||Steam Roller|
|Brazilian Portuguese||O rolo compressor||The Steamroller|
|Thai||หัวรถจักรน้อยแข่งกับรถบดถนน||Engine Little Race on Rollers|