Splatter and Dodge (collectively referred to as "Splodge") were Diesel 10's bumbling side-kicks.
Splatter and Dodge are two Diesel shunters who, at one point, worked alongside Diesel 10. Diesel 10 referred to the two as "Splodge," claiming he didn't have time to say both names.
Diesel 10 wanted to rid the railway of steam engines, and Splatter and Dodge were complacent with his plans, regularly keeping a lookout for their boss and being present when he was scheming.
Both engines are fairly simple-minded and tend to banter. Splatter is the more talkative of the two, while Dodge is more intelligent.
Splatter and Dodge are based on BR Class 08 diesel shunters.
Splatter is painted purple and grey while Dodge is painted olive and grey. Both have their names painted on their sides in white, and are heavily weathered.
It is unknown what happened to them afterwards.
- Patrick Breen (original workprints only)
- Neil Crone (Splatter)
- Kevin Frank (Dodge)
- Naoki Bando (Japan; Splatter)
- Hiroshi Iwasaki (Japan; Dodge)
- It is rumored that 'Arry and Bert's fifth season models were repainted into Splatter and Dodge.
- In an SiF interview with Chris Lloyd, it is revealed that Splatter and Dodge's models never came back from Canada after the filming of Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (reintroduced)
- Bandai Tecs
- Brio (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (Japan and Australia only)