Splatter and Dodge (collectively referred to as "Splodge") were Diesel 10's bumbling sidekicks.
Splatter and Dodge are two Diesel shunters who, at one point, worked alongside Diesel 10. Diesel 10 referred to the two as "Splodge," claiming he didn't have time to say both names.
Diesel 10 wanted to rid the railway of steam engines, and Splatter and Dodge were complacent with his plans, regularly keeping a lookout for their boss and being present when he was scheming.
Both engines are fairly simple-minded and tend to banter. Splatter is the more talkative of the two, while Dodge is more intelligent.
Splatter is painted purple and grey while Dodge is painted olive and grey. Both have their names painted on their sides in white, and are heavily weathered.
It is unknown what happened to them afterwards.
- Patrick Breen (original workprints only)
- Neil Crone (Final cut)
- Naoki Bandō (Japan)
- Jorge Arvizu (Mexico)
- A behind the scenes picture shows Splatter and Dodge without their nameplates.
- It is rumored that 'Arry and Bert's fifth season models were repainted into Splatter and Dodge.
- In an SiF interview with Chris Lloyd, it is revealed that Splatter and Dodge's models never came back from Canada after the filming of Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- Splatter and Dodge's television series models don't have handrails but some of their merchandise lines do.
- In the original script of Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Splatter and Dodge never turned on Diesel 10. Instead, George turned on them, causing them to rush at him, only to smash into each other and derail. In another version of the script, they were trapped in a siding when Junior pushed a large boulder down into their path.
- Another difference from the original script was that their boss referred to them as Spladge instead of Splodge.
- Patrick Breen can be heard as Splatter in the UK Theatrical Trailer.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (reintroduced)
- Bandai (several versions; discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (Splatter discontinued)
- Brio (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (Japan and Australia only)
|98462 and 87546 • The Workshop Engines • The Foreign Engines • Diesel • The Foreign Engine • The Derailed Engine • Jinty and Pug • The Diesel • The Scrapyard Engines • 199 • The Passing Diesel • Other Railway Diesels • King James I • Old Stuck-Up • Alfred and Judy • Toby's Brothers • 8783 • The Old Engine • The Diesel Shunter • 31120 • 10751 • Wilbert • Sixteen • Sixteen's Friends • Albert • Bahamas • D5705 • Lemberg • Pretty Polly • The Dukedogs • British Railways|
|Lady • Spencer • Hiro • Hiro's Friends • Connor • Caitlin • Stephen's Friends • The Mainland Engines|
|Silver Jubilee • Helena|
|Spencer's Special Coaches • Connor's Coaches • Caitlin's Coaches|
|The Flying Thistle|