|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the engine.|
Spencer (later re-titled Edward takes the Lead) is the thirtieth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Spencer arrives with the Duke and Duchess for a tour of Sodor, but soon ends up stuck on Gordon's Hill and has to be rescued by Gordon. Later, Spencer boasts about being fast and soon races Edward, only to lose the race after falling asleep.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford
- Annie and Clarabel
- This book is based on the seventh season episode, Gordon and Spencer and the eighth season episode, Edward the Great.
- A deleted scene of Donald and Douglas from "Edward the Great" is used as the Scottish Twins are mentioned and shown in the illustrations.
- On the front cover and in the third illustration, Spencer is missing his front coupling.
- In two illustrations, Spencer's fly crank is missing.
- In one of the pictures of Knapford, there are three lines between platform three and four.