- "Engines don't swim, Henry - you were meant to deliver fish, not swim with them. You should know that by now."
- ―Sir Topham Hatt scolding Henry[src]
Thomas is at the quayside and is about to take vans full of fish to Brendam Docks for Henry's train, The Flying Kipper. The start of his trip to Brendam is delayed by a crate of fish falling onto him.
As he travels along the Coastal Run, he is furthered delayed by a man who informs him and his crew about some tracks eroded from high tides. While the tracks were safe enough for Thomas, they couldn't bare the weight of a heavy engine like Henry. The guard places a red lamp pole by the damaged track as a warning spot, and once Thomas arrives at Brendam Docks, Henry does not listen to Thomas' warnings and leaves before the signalman can be warned. In a rush, Henry can't find where he is going due to the fog, and once he does, he puffs straight into the sea and has to stay there all night until he is rescued.
When Henry is back on the rails, Thomas comes to take him away for a washdown and Henry apoligises for being rude to him. Thomas then jokes with Henry about the whole adventure.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt (not named)
- The Lighthouse Keeper (not named)
- James (cameo)
- The inspiration partly for this episode may have come from the magazine story, A Fishy Smell.
- This episode marks the last appearance of The Flying Kipper until the sixteenth season episode Whiff's Wish, excluding two stock footage appearances in the seventh season.
- In the UK version when Thomas says "I can't help it, it's the fish!" the steam appears forward, then is played backwards, then played forwards again, meaning that the film was cut, but edited.
- After Henry reaches the fog, he loses two vans.
- Before Henry falls into the sea, his brakes are applied and his wheels stop moving, but when he runs into the sea, his wheels are moving again, despite the braking sound effects still being audible.
- When Thomas puffs away with Henry at the end of the episode, the puffing noise starts long before Thomas moves.
- In the US version, when Henry says "I can't see!", the first horn "honk" is barely audible.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Algo Huele Muy Mal||Something Smells Very Bad|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Um Cheiro Estranho||A Strange Smell|
|Dutch||Frisse Lucht||Fresh Air|
|German||Henry Geht Baden||Henry Goes Swimming|
|French||Quelque Chose Dans L'Air / Henry va Nager (Québec)||Something in the Air / Henry Goes Swimming (Canada)|
|Danish||Noget i Luften||Something in the Air|
|Norwegian||Noe i Luften||Something in the Air|
|Catalan||Una Cose en L'aire||Something in the Air|
|Italian||Henry a Mollo||Henry Soaking|
|Polish||Coś w Powietrzu||Something in the Air|
|Croatian||Nešto je u Zraku||Something in the Air|
|Japanese||みどりのくじら||A Green Whale|
|Chinese||空中的某些东西||Something in the Air|
|Korean||물에 빠진 헨리||Drowning Henry|
|Hungarian||Valami Van a Levegőben||There's Something in the Air|
|Slovenian||Nekaj Je v Zraku||Something is in the Air|
|Romanian||Se Simte Ceva în Aer||He Felt Something in the Air|
|Russian||Чем-то пахнет||Something Smells|
|Slovak||Niečo Je Vo Vzduchu||Something is in the Air|
|Cantonese||空中的某些東西||Something in the Air|
|Swedish||Det Ligger i Luften||It's in the Air|
|Greek||Κάτι στον αέρα||Something in the Air|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 4||Season 5||Season 6 >>|
|#01||Cranky Bugs||#10||Toby and the Flood||#19||Happy Ever After|
|#02||Horrid Lorry||#11||Haunted Henry||#20||Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday|
|#03||A Better View for Gordon||#12||Double Teething Troubles||#21||A Surprise for Percy|
|#04||Lady Hatt's Birthday Party||#13||Stepney Gets Lost||#22||Make Someone Happy|
|#05||James and the Trouble with Trees||#14||Toby's Discovery||#23||Busy Going Backwards|
|#06||Gordon and the Gremlin||#15||Something in the Air||#24||Duncan Gets Spooked|
|#07||Bye George!||#16||Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach||#25||Rusty and the Boulder|
|#08||Baa!||#17||Thomas and the Rumours||#26||Snow|
|#09||Put Upon Percy||#18||Oliver's Find|