The Sodor Search and Rescue Centre is the home of Harold, Rocky, Captain, Butch, Belle and Flynn. It is located along the coast south of Maron and east of Suddery on the main line loop.
It has a helipad for Harold, a shed for Rocky, Flynn, and Belle, another shed for Butch, and a dock for Captain.
Belle and Flynn officially joined the team in the Day of the Diesels; though they appeared in the fifteenth season first.
- The Search and Rescue Centre is made from Jobi Wood.
- It is located near the Sodor opening of the Misty Island Tunnel.
- In the magazine story, Animals, the rescue team own a dog named Lucky Charm.
- One of the signs on the SSRC Building depicts an Ambulance, a Fire Engine, the company logo and Rocky. The road vehicles in the sign are based on those used in the Model Series.
- The Search and Rescue Centre's CGI render was lost while transitioning from Nitrogen Studios to Arc Productions, and had to be completely rebuilt based on photographs.
- In the nineteenth season episode Wild Water Rescue, the team celebrates their one thousandth rescue.
The Search and Rescue Centre under construction
The Search and Rescue Centre in the fourteenth season
The Rescue Centre at Dawn
Charlie and Harold at the Sodor Search and Rescue Centre
The road entrance to the rescue centre
The rescue centre at night
The engine sheds at the rescue centre
The rescue centre in nineteenth season
The rescue centre's new alarm bell
Wooden Railway Harold's Helipad prototype
Wooden Railway Harold's Helipad
Wooden Railway Harold's Search and Rescue Helipad
Wooden Railway Prototype Captain's Shed
Wooden Railway Search and Rescue Sling Bridge with Flynn
Mega Bloks Flynn's Rescue
Trackmaster Sodor Search and Rescue Searchlight
TrackMaster Captain at the Rescue Centre
Motorised Railway Sodor Rescue Railway