When it was introduced, the Dieselworks was run down and shabby, with insufficient and damaged equipment. After a fire broke out in the main building, it was rebuilt. The company's logo is a picture of a diesel similar to Den's class, which is painted on the sides of their locomotives.
There is also a small warehouse where all the broken down parts are melted down and reused to build new parts. That is also where Den and Dart sleep.
The site of the Dieselworks consists of:
- An elevating turntable
- A crane named Happy Hook
- A set of lifting jacks
- An on-site smelting department
- A five-road shed with a turntable to accommodate the diesels
- A special shed for Diesel 10
- A giant vice
- A scrapped model of Charlie's cab is seen inside.
- The Dieselworks is located in a desert-like area, not far from Vicarstown.
- A scrapped Marklin engine has been seen at the Dieselworks.