|This article is about the castle on the Skarloey Railway. You may be looking for Ulfstead Castle.|
Sodor Castle, also known as Castle Causeway, is an old, ruined castle that stands near the causeway on the Skarloey Railway. It was first seen in the fourth season, but its name was not stated until the seventh season episode, Rheneas and the Roller Coaster. Since then, it had appeared in every season, except the eighth, until the twelfth.
- Sodor Castle has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
- Season 7:
- The mountain and pine trees behind the castle disappeared.
- The design of the castle changed.
- Season 11:
- The design of the castle changed again, sharing the same model with the Ruined Castle.
- Season 18:
- The mountain and pine trees returned.
- The design of the castle returned to it's original shape.
- Season 7:
- In the ninth and eleventh seasons, the building used for the castle was the same one used for the Ruined Castle.
- In the seventh season song, The Red Balloon, James can be seen at the castle, but the line running over the causeway is narrow gauge, not standard gauge.