Sodor Castle, also known as Castle Causeway, is an old, ruined castle that stands near the causeway on the Skarloey Railway. It was first seen in the fourth season, but its name was not stated until the seventh season episode, Rheneas and the Roller Coaster. Since then, it had appeared in every season, except the eighth, until the twelfth.
The castle later returned in full CGI in the eighteenth season episode, Duncan and the Grumpy Passenger.
- Sodor Castle has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
- Season 7:
- The mountain and pine trees behind the castle disappeared.
- The design of the castle changed.
- Season 18:
- The mountain and pine trees returned.
- The design of the castle returned to it's original shape.
- In the ninth and eleventh seasons, the building used for the castle was the same one used for the Ruined Castle.
- In the seventh season song, The Red Balloon, James can be seen at the castle, but the line running over the causeway is narrow gauge, not standard gauge.
* RWS only | ** T&F only
||Skarloey | Rheneas | Sir Handel | Peter Sam | Duncan | Duke | Ivo Hugh* | Bertram** | Mighty Mac** | Freddie** | Luke**
||Rusty | Fred*
||The Ghost Engine** | Proteus**
||Agnes, Ruth, Lucy and Jemima* | Gertrude and Millicent* | Ada, Jane and Mabel* | Saloon Coaches* | Coaches** | Refreshment Coach**
||Trucks | Slate Trucks | Gunpowder Vans** | Quarry Trucks** | Flatbeds* | Conflats | Well Wagons** | Slab Wagons** | V Tipper Trucks*
||Beatrice* | Cora* | Brake Vans | SR Breakdown Train** | The "Weedkiller"* | Art Transporters* | The Sleigh Wagon*
||Madge** | Colin** | Merrick** | Owen**
||The Owner (Sir Handel Brown I, Sir Handel Brown II)* | The Thin Controller (Mr. Mack, Mr. Robert Sam, Mr. Peter Sam, Mr. Roger Sam)* | Mr. Hugh (David Hugh I, Ivo Hugh, David Hugh II)* | Sir Topham Hatt** | Mr. Percival**
||Crovan's Gate (Engine Sheds) | Cros-ny-Cuirn | Glennock | Rheneas (Viaduct, Tunnel) | Lakeside | Skarloey (Slate Quarry) | The Depot** | Bluebell Valley** | Valley View** | Sodor Castle** | Standard and Narrow Gauge Tunnel Runby** | Old Iron Bridge** | Tea Room Station** | Mountain Village Station** | Blue Mountain Quarry** | Strawberry Grove** | Rumblin Bridge** | Elephant Park** | Boulder Quarry** | The Old Wooden Bridge** | Ulfstead Castle** | Sodor Steamworks** | The Transfer Yards** | The Wharf** | Skarloey Coal Yard** | Green Hills Junction** | The Old Trestle Bridge | Culdee Fell (Caves, Hill)** | Middle Station | Vicarstown Goods Yard