|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
Slippy Sodor is the fifth episode of the thirteenth season.
Thomas has a cracked funnel and goes to the Sodor Steamworks for a replacement. The first funnel is too small, and the second is too big; so Kevin collects the only spare funnel left, which looks very funny and makes Thomas feel embarrassed. Thomas is then sent to the docks to collect Mr. Bubbles' special bubble liquid for his show. Along the way, engines laugh at him. He puffs away quickly, spilling bubble liquid on the nearby road. This causes Sir Topham Hatt and Mr. Bubbles to slip and crash three times. By the time Thomas reaches Knapford, all of the liquid is gone. Thomas rushes away to collect some more. This time, he goes slowly and makes it to Knapford safely. The show is a great success, and all the children realise that Thomas' funny funnel looks just like Mr. Bubbles' hat.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Bubbles
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Ginger-haired Boy (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- Sodor Steamworks
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Rail Under Road Bridge and Signalbox
- Town Square
- The Coal Hopper
- This episode screened before the first UK broadcast of the thirteenth season in select US theatres.
- This episode is similar to the fourth season episode, Special Funnel.
- When Thomas glares at Henry for laughing at his funnel, watch his eyes. They slide from looking forward to looking at Henry, similar to how the model eyes moved.
- According to The Little Blue Book, Thomas was going to blow a big bubble through his funnel. This idea was carried over for the 4-D attraction, Bubbling Boilers.
- According to descriptions for the Wooden Railway merchandising for the Splish, Splash, Splosh! DVD, Percy was meant to play a role in the episode, getting splashed at one point by the bubble liquid. This was carried out to merchandising descriptions for the "Slippy Sodor" Gift Pack, as well as the "Percy and the Engine Wash Car" pack "inspired by the episode".
- In one scene, Gordon's brake coach is at the front of his train, then it is at the back.
- In some shots, the inside of Mr. Bubbles' mouth is blue.
- When both Sir Topham Hatt and Mr. Bubbles are messy, the hay is static.
- Wooden Railway - Slippy Sodor 4-pack (discontinued)
- TrackMaster - Thomas In "Slippy Sodor" (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains - Thomas with red funnel, flatbed with barrel of bubble liquid and Mr. Bubbles
- Books - Bubble Trouble and Holiday Gift Set
- Magazine Stories - Bubble Trouble
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Superglad Sodor||Super Smooth Sodor|
|Danish||Thomas 'Funny Tragt||Thomas' Funny Funnel|
|German||Rutschiges Sodor||Slippery Sodor|
|Polish||Śliski Sodor||Slippery Sodor|
|Swedish||Halka på Rälsön||Slipping on Sodor|
|Japanese||スリップにちゅうい||Be Careful About Slip|
|Portuguese||Sodor Escorregadia||Slippery Sodor|
|Hungarian||A különleges buborékoldat||The Special Bubble Solution|
|Italian||Un Buffo Fumaiolo||A Funny Funnel|
|Czech||Klouzání po Sodoru||Gliding Over Sodor|
|Indonesian||Sodor yang Licin||Sodor Who Slick|
|Russian||Скользкий Собор||Slippery Sodor|
|Korean||미끄럼 조심||Watch the Slip|
|Serbian||Klizavi Sodor||Slippery Sodor|
|Romanian||Alunecosul Sodor||Slippery Sodor|
|Spanish||Sodor Resbaloso||Slippery Sodor|
|Slovak||Zaspatý Sodor||Asleep Sodor|
|Catalan||Aventura relliscosa||Slippery Adventure|
|Greek||Το γλιστερό Σόντορ||The Slippery Sodor|
Home Media Releases