Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Skiff was given wheels after Thomas had his accident and discovered the Pirate Ship. He helped Sailor John and Thomas look for the treasure, thinking Sailor John would give it to the museum. When he found out that John in fact intended to keep the treasure for himself, Skiff tried to stop Sailor John, but could not do much. He saved Thomas from having dynamite thrown at him by shaking Sailor John, and later purposely capsized to stop Sailor John getting away with the treasure. After Sailor John was arrested, Skiff was recovered, repainted into a white-and-blue livery, and was sold to Captain Joe where he started giving "Railboat Tours" around Arlesburgh Harbour.
Skiff is a feisty, fun-loving little boat with a very upbeat and positive attitude, in spite of the fact that his former captain, Sailor John, was not very nice to him. Sailor John bossed Skiff about, but no matter how loud he shouted or how hard he stomped on his deck, it never seemed to dampen Skiff's spirit. Skiff remains keen to make up again, and genuinely thought of Sailor John as his friend, at least until John revealed his true colours. Skiff treats every day as an exciting new adventure; he likes to see the best in everyone and think of the world as a wonderful place. This leaves him vulnerable to persuasion to the point of appearing gullible.
Skiff is based on an Eastport Pram with an added railway chassis for travelling on the rails.
Skiff's hull was painted white, while his mast and woodworkings were stained brown and his wheels rusted. At the end of Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure he was repainted in a new livery, his woodworkings are painted blue, his wheels red, and his sail is white with yellow stripes, while his hull remained white.
- Season 20 - Blown Away, The Missing Breakdown Train, Cautious Connor (cameo) and Skiff and the Mermaid
- Jamie Campbell Bower (UK/US)
- Takayuki Kawasugi (Japan)
- Enzo Fortuny (Latin America)
- Patrick Bach (Germany)
- Jakub Szydłowski (Poland)
- Gilan Shachaf (Israel)
Joe Mills originally listed Skiff as one of the characters he would voice in the US on his website prior to Bower being cast for the role.
- Skiff's name comes from a small watercraft that can carry a small crew, normally one person.
- The inspiration for Skiff came from the Ffestiniog Railway's rail-driven boat, "Spooner's Boat".
- In the 2016 version of the Australian television program, "The Chaser's Election Desk", 4 Wooden Railway models of Skiff appear in a skit about Australian politician, Peter Dutton, about how he talks about "stopping the boats".
- Wooden Railway
- TrackMaster (original, two pack with Hugo (coming soon)
- Motorized Railway (original)
- Mega Bloks (original)
- Collectible Railway
- Capsule Plarail (original and railboat tours liveries)
- Motor Road and Rail (unpowered in original (Looking for Pounding Treasure Set) and railboat tours liveries)
- Thomas and Friends Adventures (coming soon)
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford •|