|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the DVD'.|
Skarloey the Brave is the twenty-second episode of the ninth season.
One morning, Skarloey and Rheneas are shunting at the incline, when a line of trucks break away, and come racing towards Skarloey. Skarloey hurries away and rolls into a siding, where the trucks safely thunder past. As they head into the Transfer Yards, Rusty quickly tells the workmen to set the points, and the trucks are diverted into a siding where they are stopped by a snowdrift. Skarloey thinks he was very brave, but Rusty gets all the credit. This annoys Skarloey, and tries to show everybody how he is very brave. So when he starts shunting the next day, he does not uncouple from his trucks and is pulled up the incline. However, due to the weight distribution of Skarloey, the winch breaks and Skarloey races down the hill, ending up in a snowdrift. Skarloey realises that as a consequence of his actions, several mountain villages will not get any coal as the winch is unable to get the trucks down that Skarloey needs. He decides that it is his fault, so he climbs up the steep railway to get to the top of the winch the other way. Rheneas and Duncan ask him if he is going to be brave and race down the incline, but this time, Skarloey refuses, and delivers to coal to all the villages who are extremely grateful.
- The Refreshment Coach model before its restoration can be seen next to Skarloey after he gets pulled out of the snowbank.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-fifth episode of the ninth season.
- This episode marks the first time since the Season 6 episode Dunkin Duncan for an engine to be pulled up the incline. In this case, Skarloey does it on purpose.
- The snow "explodes" before Skarloey hits it.
- The track sinks slightly when Skarloey races past Thomas.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||El Valiente Skarloey|
Home Media Releases