|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the character or the station.|
- "How dare they treat me like this!"
- ―Skarloey on being left dangling in the ship's derricks
Skarloey is the ninth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
The Narrow Gauge engines enjoy Skarloey's stories of when he was new to the Island. Skarloey was young and full of excitement. He bounced roughly causing the inspector to fall off of him. Skarloey was then given another pair of wheels and a cab and even now, one-hundred years later, he has not bounced since.
- The Manager
- Agnes, Ruth, Lucy, Jemima and Beatrice
- Sir Handel (cameo)
- Neil (not named; mentioned)
- This book is based on the stories, Crosspatch and Bucking Bronco from the Railway Series book Very Old Engines.
- The trucks are scaled down standard gauge trucks.
- In some illustrations Skarloey is missing his number.
- Sir Handel's bufferbeam is blue and his roof is painted white.
- Skarloey's nose is a different shape.