|Sir Topham Hatt's car|
Sir Topham Hatt uses his car to go to places when the engines are busy or to see what the engines are doing. It once caused trouble when he drove it into a pothole, but he thinks it is very reliable and would not want to get to work in any other vehicle.
Despite its usual blue colour, the car has taken on many forms throughout the years. It was blue in the Railway Series, but consisted of two different models in the television series. In jigsaws and other merchandise, the car is yellow, except for one where it is red. The plausible explanation is that the Fat Controller has more than one car.
In all cases, his car is presented as a typical vehicle of the 1940s. It is either loosely based on a Jowett Javelin or a Rover.
Since the introduction of Winston, the car has been seen less often.
The car is painted "Hatt blue".
- Sir Topham Hatt's car is currently on display in Canada at Nitrogen Studios.
- The car's model changed in the fifth season, making it more similar to its Railway Series counterpart.
- Its Wooden Railway, Take-Along, and Take-n-Play models are convertibles.
- In the Thomas and Percy and the Dragon book, Sir Topham Hatt's car is based on a Ford Model T.
- In the My Thomas Story Library books, Sir Topham Hatt's car is based on a Bentley Continental S2.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (yellow, discontinued; blue)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Bandai (blue and yellow; discontinued)
- De Agostini
- Wind-up Trains
- My First Thomas (yellow)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
|Terence • Bertie • Trevor • George • Caroline • Bulgy • Bulgy's friend • JTK 62 • Willie's tractor • The Farmer's Tractors • The Mail Van • The Caterpillar Crane|
|Butch • Thumper • Elizabeth • The Pack • Madge • Kevin • The Horrid Lorries • Sir Topham Hatt's Car • The Other Buses • Dyson Lorries • Soft-sided Lorries • Caterpillar Crane • Taxis • Fire Engines • The Ambulance • The One-eyed Truck • The Loader • The Bakery Van • Miss Jenny's Land Rover • Blue Mountain Quarry Vehicles • Sir Robert Norramby's Car|
|Algy • Angus • The Green Bus • The Green Lorry • The Wedding Car • The Digger • The White Van • The Dodgems • The Special Bus Service • The Ice Cream Van • The Open-topped Omnibus • The Police Car • The Excavator • The Combine Harvester • The Milk Float • The Coalman's Lorry • The Racing Cars • The Float Lorry • The Rally Cars • The Signwriter's Van • The Sodor Wildlife Park's Buggy • Simon's Express Sandwich Service Van • Sodor Food and Drink Van|