|Sir Topham Hatt's car|
Sir Topham Hatt uses his car to go to places when the engines are busy or to see what the engines are doing. It once caused trouble when he drove it into a pothole, but he thinks it is very reliable and would not want to get to work in any other vehicle.
Despite its usual blue colour, the car has taken on many forms throughout the years. It was blue in the Railway Series, but consisted of two different models in the television series.
Although Sir Topham Hatt still uses his car frequently, he often uses Winston whenever he has to accompany his engines in locations beyond the road where his car can't reach.
It is presented as a typical vehicle of the 1940's. It is either loosely based on a LaGonda V12 in Season 1-3 and a Jowett Javelin or a Rover in later seasons.
The car is painted blue all over, which was referred as "Hatt Blue" in Thomas and the Runaway Car.
- Sir Topham Hatt's car used to be on display in Canada at Nitrogen Studios.
- In merchandise, the car is frequently depicted as yellow.
- The car's model changed in the fifth season, making it more similar to its Railway Series counterpart.
- Its Wooden Railway, Take-Along, and Take-n-Play models are convertibles to have Sir Topham Hatt inside the car.
- In the Thomas and Percy and the Dragon book, Sir Topham Hatt's car is based on a Ford Model T.
- In the My Thomas Story Library books, Sir Topham Hatt's car is based on a Bentley Continental S2.
- The ERTL version of Sir Topham Hatt's car is based on a 1936 Ford Coupe.
- The rear end of the car sort of resembles a Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (yellow, discontinued; blue)
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (blue and yellow; discontinued)
- Mini Die Cast Collection (discontinued)
- De Agostini
- Wind-up Trains
- Pocket Fantasy (Discontinued)
- My First Thomas (yellow)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Thomas and Friends Adventures (coming soon)
|Terence • Bertie • Trevor • George • Caroline • 040 BMC • Bulgy • Bulgy's friend • JTK 62 • Willie's tractor • The Farmer's Tractors • The Mail Van • The Caterpillar Crane|
|Butch • Thumper • Elizabeth • The Pack • Madge • Kevin • The Horrid Lorries • Sir Topham Hatt's Car • The Other Buses • Dyson Lorries • Soft-sided Lorries • Caterpillar Crane • Taxis • Fire Engines • The Ambulance • The One-eyed Truck • The Loader • The Bakery Van • Miss Jenny's Land Rover • Flynn • Blue Mountain Quarry Vehicles • Sir Robert Norramby's Car|
|Algy • Angus • The Green Bus • The Green Lorry • The Wedding Car • The Digger • The White Van • The Dodgems • The Special Bus Service • The Ice Cream Van • The Open-topped Omnibus • The Police Car • The Excavator • The Combine Harvester • The Milk Float • The Coalman's Lorry • The Racing Cars • The Float Lorry • The Rally Cars • The Signwriter's Van • The Sodor Wildlife Park's Buggy • Simon's Express Sandwich Service Van • Sodor Food and Drink Van|