|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the DVD'.|
- “My! What splendid coaches. So much more suitable than those old beach huts on wheels!”
- ―Lady Hatt
Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday is the twentieth episode of the fifth season.
The Hatts are going on holiday, but when they exit Annie and Clarabel at Tidmouth Hault, Lady Hatt, disgruntled, feels hot and tired and complains about the two coaches, and wants them written off to become beach huts. Thomas is offended and his driver assures him that the coaches will never be retired, rather to be improved. The next day, Percy takes the family to Dryaw Airfield, for them to board Harold.
The flight is delayed by a low-flying bi-plane, Tiger Moth, but they get to their retreat and stay for several days, before Harold comes with bad news: Tiger Moth has gone missing. Sir Topham Hatt joins the search and in the end they find Tiger Moth lodged nose-down in a haystack. Sir Topham Hatt scolds the pilot, seeing to have him and his plane grounded and continues his holiday, boating on a canal. Unluckily, they become bogged down in mud and Percy has to help them back to Tidmouth Hault.
At the station, Annie and Clarabel, with new aesthetic improvements, are waiting for them. Lady Hatt comments that the coaches appear more suitable than their previous appearance, while no one says a word. That evening, Thomas agrees with his coaches that no matter what they look like, they will always be really useful.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Tiger Moth's Pilot
- Harold's Pilots
- Percy (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Duck (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Norramby Church Station
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tidmouth Hault
- Tidmouth Hault Sheds
- Norramby Fishing Village
- The Sodor Inn
- The Hay Farm
- The Dam
- The Old Station (deleted scene)
- Stock footage from Trucks! and Thomas and the Rumours is used.
- One scene of Harold is mirrored.
- In the US narration, Annie and Clarabel gain southern accents.
- Lady Hatt's hair is longer than usual in some non close-up scenes.
- When Toby stops next to the Sodor Maid, his steam disappears, indicating a film cut.
Home Media Releases