|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday is the twentieth episode of the fifth season.
The Hatts are going on holiday, but when they exit Annie and Clarabel at Tidmouth Hault, a disgruntled Lady Hatt calls them "beach huts". Thomas is offended and his driver assures him that the coaches will not be turned into beach huts, but they could be improved. The next day, Percy takes the family to Dryaw Airfield, for them to board Harold.
The flight is delayed by a low-flying bi-plane, Tiger Moth, but they get to their retreat and stay for several days, before Harold comes with bad news: Tiger Moth has gone missing. The Fat Controller joins the search and in the end they find the bi-plane lodged in a haystack. The Fat Controller scolds the pilot, seeing to have him and his plane grounded and continues his holiday, boating on a canal. Unluckily, they become bogged down in mud and Percy has to help them back to Tidmouth Hault, where Annie and Clarabel, bearing fresh new paint, are waiting for them.
Lady Hatt comments that the coaches look "much more suitable than those old beach huts on wheels"; no one says a word. That evening, Thomas agrees with his coaches that no matter what they look like, they will always be really useful.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Tiger Moth's Pilot
- Percy (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Duck (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Norramby Church Station
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tidmouth Hault
- Fishing Village
- The Hay Farm
- The Dam
- Stock footage from Trucks! and Thomas and the Rumours is used.
- One scene of Harold is mirrored.
- In the US narration, Annie and Clarabel gain southern accents.
- In the UK version, the Fat Controller says: "Botheration, we're stuck." In the US, he says: "Oh, botheration! We're stuck."
- At the end of the episode when Thomas says "of course", he is wearing his third-fourth season happy face.
- Lady Hatt's hair is longer than usual in some non close-up scenes.
- When Toby stops next to the Sodor Maid, his steam disappears, indicating a film cut.
- The Fat Controller: Botheration, we're stuck. (Oh, botheration! We're stuck. in the US version)
- The Fat Controller: This is the life, isn't it dear? (camera pans to show their boat on a flatbed pushed by Percy)
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Las Vacaciones de Sir Topham Hatt||Sir Topham Hatt's Holidays|
|Norwegian||Ferieturen||The Holiday Trip|
|Japanese||トップハム・ハットきょうのきゅうか||Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday|
|Italian||Le Vacanze di Pallone Gonfiato||The Fat Controller's Holidays|
|Chinese||托芬海特先生的假期||Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday|
|Korean||가족 나들이||Family Fun|
|Slovenian||Počitnice gospoda Cirila Klobučarja||Holiday, Mr. Cyril Hatt|
|Slovak||Prázdniny Sira Topham Hatta||Sir Topham Hatt's Holidays|
|Romanian||Vacanţa Controlorului Gras||Fat Controller's Holidays|
|Hungarian||A Kövér Ellenőr Vakációja||The Fat Controller's Holidays|
|German||Sir Tophams Ferien||Sir Topham's Holiday|
|Polish||Wakacje Grubego Zawiadowcy||Station Master's Holiday|
|Russian||Отпуск сэра Тофема Хэтта||Sir Topham Hatt's Vacation|
|Danish||Hr. Tophøj Hatts ferie||Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday|
|Swedish||Kontrollchefens semester||The Fat Controller's Vacation|
|Thai||วันหยุดของผู้ควบคุมอ้วนที่แสนยุ่งเหยิง||Sir Topham Hatt's Busy Holiday|
|Dutch||De vakantie van de heer Hoogsmahoed||The Vacation of Sir Topham Hatt|
Home Media Releases