|Sir Handel in Charge|
Sir Handel is given the job of overseeing an important special while the Thin Controller is at a meeting with the Fat Controller, but he daydreams and does not listen to the others. Thomas arrives to find the special unready and Sir Handel races to correct his errors.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Mighty Mac
- Mr. Percival
- Skarloey (cameo)
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- In Germany, this episode is called "Sir Handel in Command". In Norway it is titled "Sir Handel Gets the Responsibility". The Japanese title is "Sir Handel Is Responsible".
- Duncan and Peter Sam should have been working instead of racing down hills.
- Mighty Mac was helping to build a new track when Sir Handel first meets him. However, when Sir Handel returns to see Mighty Mac, the machinery is gone and the track is built. In real life, it's impossible to build new track in one day.
- A brakevan should have been added to Rusty's train.