| Sing-Along and Stories/|
Hop on Board: Songs and Stories
February 11, 1997
Sing-Along and Stories is a US VHS/DVD featuring two fourth season episodes narrated by George Carlin and seven songs. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1997, reissued in 2002 and released on DVD in 2006.
In all releases since 2009, the DVD has been renamed Hop on Board: Songs and Stories.
2002 VHS/2006 DVD
Now you can join in on all the fun with this collection of Thomas and Friends music videos. Follow the bouncing steamcloud to read the words and sing-along to Thomas' Anthem, Let's Have a Race, Gone Fishing, and four other Sodor favorites. Also included on this video are two classic stories starring Thomas, Percy, Peter Sam, and the rest of your Island friends.
Hop on board for toe-tappin' fun with Thomas and Friends Sing-Along and Stories.
Life on the Island of Sodor is extremely busy for the engines. While Thomas and his friends are hard at work, they like to listen to music and sing-along.
Now you can join in on all the fun with this collection of Thomas & Friends music videos. Follow the bouncing steamcloud to read the words and sing-along to Thomas' Anthem, Let's Have a Race, Gone Fishing, and four other Sodor favorites. You'll also enjoy two classic Thomas and Friends episodes as well as a bonus sing-along which proves why "It's Great to be an Engine".
So hop on board for toe-tappin' fun with Thomas and Friends Sing-Along and Stories.
- Thomas' Anthem
- Let's Have a Race
- Gone Fishing*
- Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover*
- The Island Song
- Really Useful Engine
- It's Great to be an Engine (DVD only)
* Followed by a story.
- Really Useful Engines game
- Sodor Superstars Hall of Fame
- The 2009 release contained a bonus CD containing the songs:
- The back of the original VHS cover features an image from Sleeping Beauty, but that episode is not featured on the video.
- On the back cover of the 2002 VHS/2006 DVD, images from Make Someone Happy and Bulls Eyes are used, but those episode are not on the release.
- On the DVD release, the last few seconds of Bulldog are cut out.
- Despite the name being changed, the 2009 DVD menu and the title card retain the old title.
- Most of the front covers feature a promo shot from Thomas and the Magic Railroad, but that movie isn't on the release.
- The 1997 VHS cover features a cutout from Saved from Scrap, but that episode isn't on the release.
- Even though the original release was called Sing Along and Stories, The title cards says "Sing Along Songs and Stories".
- Some of the 1997 tapes do not have the Video Treasures logo, and start off with the Britt Allcroft logo.
- On the DVD, when the Island Song plays, the beginning music is paused briefly, and plays normally afterwards. This problem's fixed in the James Goes Buzz Buzz DVD.