Simcha Barbiro (Hebrew: שמחה ברבירו; born 27 April 1967), is an Israeli theatre and television actor who narrated Thomas & Friends in Israel. He narrated the first and second seasons, and later provided voices in the Hebrew dub of Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
Barbiro graduated from Beit Zvi Actors School of Performing Arts in 1991.
His voice is known for his dubbing works in many animated TV shows and feature films. He is best known for dubbing Stitch and Dr. Hamsterviel in "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" and the anime "Stitch!" Mort from the "Madagascar" series, Harvey Bullock from "Batman: The Animated Series," Krillin and Frieza from "Dragon Ball" ("Z" and "GT"), Gogo Dodo from "Tiny Toon Adventures", Runt and Dr. Scratchansniff from "Animaniacs," Tookie Tookie Bird from the 2007 "George of the Jungle" series, Thomson from "The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn," Clank from the "Tinker Bell" films, Vernon Fenwick from the 1987 "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and Chuck from "The Angry Birds Movie".
Following the death of Yoni Chen in 1995, Barbiro replaced him in Looney Tunes feature film, Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales as Elmer Fudd (until the first DVD edition dub) and Sylvester (until The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries). Both roles were passed on to Ami Mendleman.
Following Giora Kenneth's retirement from voice work in 2007, due to health problems in his throat, Barbiro replaced him as Mr. Herriman in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Minimus P.U. in Atomic Betty.
He is a close friend of Yoram Yosefsberg who co-played Allot in dubbing works.
As an actor, Barbiro has participated in TV shows, radio commercials and plays.
- Both he and Keith Scott voiced Harry Bollywood from "Sally Bollywood" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Rob Rackstraw voiced Mr. Tickle from "The Mr. Men Show" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Tesshō Genda voiced Shu from "Dragon Ball GT" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Gerald Schaale voiced Mort from the "Madagascar" series in their respective languages.
- Both he and Gerardo Reyero voiced Lord Frieza from "Dragon Ball GT" in their respective languages.
- Both he, Wanja Gerick, and Salty's Lighthouse voice actor Terry Klassen voiced Krillin from "Dragon Ball Z" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Salty's Lighthouse voice actor Michael Donovan voiced Chuck Ramsey from "Action Dad" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Salty's Lighthouse voice actor Ian James Corlett voiced Mr. Wobblyman from "Make Way for Noddy" in their respective languages.