- “A lot of nonsense about a broken signal box... Too many of those if you ask me!”
- ―Gordon, The Deputation, The Twin Engines
In signal boxes, the signalmen can change the points using levers located in what is known as a lever frame to send an engine onto a siding to allow another engine to pass, for example. Signalmen may also change the indication of a signal, giving an engine directions.
- Wooden Railway (normal and Lights and Sounds)
- ERTL Gold Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Plarail (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Signal Boxes of various UK railways.