Shōto Kashii (樫井笙人, born on July 25th, 1968) is a Japanese voice actor who voices characters in the Japanese version of Thomas & Friends.
He is best known for voicing Yellow Monkey from the "Ape Escape" series, Marechiyo Omaeda and Rojuro Otoribashi from "Bleach", the Willie Brothers from Disney's "Home on the Range", the Boat Captain from the "God of War" series, Kaishu Katsu from "Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto", Dr. Kirk Langstrom and Tony Zucco from "The Batman", Munetaka Yagyu from "Tokyo Majin", Birdie from "Glass Fleet", Keyper from "Adventure Time", Tadataka Zengyou from "Gunparade", and Splinter from both the 2003 cartoon and 2007 film of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".
He is also a Third Class gasoline engine mechanic.
- Duck (Ryan and Daisy only)
- Sidney (seventeenth season and The Great Race only)
- Sir Handel (Blue Mountain Mystery onwards)
- The Thin Clergyman (Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure)
- The Duke of Boxford
- The Airport Manager
- The Famous Artist
- Mr. Percival
- Some Rail Workers (Calling All Engines! and Gordon and Ferdinand)
- Some Railway Inspectors (Too Many Fire Engines and Hugo and the Airship)
- The Welsh Bird Watcher (Thomas and the Emergency Cable)
- Some Sodor United Football Players (Reds vs. Blues)
- The Grumpy Passenger (Runaway Engine)
- Will You Won't You (performed)
- Both he and David Holt voiced Yellow Monkey from the "Ape Escape" series in their respective languages.
- Both he and Stan Limburg voiced Henry from "Kid vs. Kat" in their respective languages.
- He, Alan Prieto, Hisayo Mochizuki, Manuel Campuzano, Roberto Mendiola, Salvador Reyes, Noriko Shitaya, Shinichirō Miki, Hideo Ishikawa, Edson Matus, Liliana Barba, Víctor Ugarte, Irina Índigo, Isabel Romo, Masaharu Satō, Kenta Miyake, Junko Noda, Houko Kuwashima, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Tetsu Inada, Nobutoshi Canna, Eduardo Garza, José Luis Orozco, Humberto Vélez, Gerardo Reyero and Kiyoyuki Yanada have all worked on "Bleach".
- He, Alan Prieto, Yehonatan Magon, Javier Olguín, Ricardo Bautista, Tim Kreuer, Mia Kadosh, Józef Pawłowski, Gadi Levy, Tzvika Shwartzberg, Hiroshi Tsuchida, Talya Barkay, Elise Langenoja, Raúl Solo and Sukekiyo Kameyama all worked on the 2012 "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". There have also been several other people that have worked on other parts of the franchise:
- Hiroko Emori, Rainer Schmitt, Daiki Nakamura, Hideyuki Umezu, Dariusz Odija, Håkan Mohede, Herman López, Achim Schülke, Reinder van der Naalt, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Toshiharu Sakurai, Jorge Santos, Marion von Stengel, Masayuki Omoro, Simcha Barbiro, Kiyoyuki Yanada, Tomohiro Nishimura, Bin Shimada, Talya Barkay ("again"), Hidenari Ugaki, Gérard Boucaron, Kenji Utsumi, Naoki Tatsuta, Kiyonobu Suzuki and Jorge Roig ("the 1987 version").
- Hidenari Ugaki (again), Yohei Nishina, Jan-David Rönfeldt, Stig Krogstad, Samuel Harjanne, Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Kiyonobu Suzuki, Kunihiro Kawamoto, Denis Bespalyy, Ryūji Nakagi, Saar Badishi, Daisuke Gōri, Takafumi Kawakami, Tzvika Shwartzberg, Shōto Kashii, Santiago Ziesmer, Kenji Utsumi and Dariusz Odija ("again") ("the 2003 version").
- Helmut Krauss, Yehonatan Magon ("again"), Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Piotr Bajtlik, César Árias, Karina Altamirano, Pasi Ruohonen, Caspar Phillipson, ("again") Alan Prieto, Oliver Rohrbeck, Toshiharu Sakurai, Víctor Ugarte, Albert Cohen, Mireya Mendoza and Yigal Mizrachi ("the films").