The second season of the television series aired in 1986. Ringo Starr narrated all twenty-six episodes in the UK as well as sixteen of them in the US, with George Carlin later re-narrating all of the episodes for the US.
- Thomas, Percy and the Coal/Double Trouble - Thomas becomes a little too cheeky for his own good. Trucks and coal bring disaster.
- Cows/A Cow on the Line - Gordon and Henry tease Edward for letting cows uncouple his trucks, but Edward has the last laugh.
- Bertie's Chase - Bertie pursues Edward to give him Thomas' passengers.
- Saved from Scrap - Edward meets an old traction engine called Trevor, and tries to save him from scrap.
- Old Iron - Edward proves he's not so slow when James runs away.
- Thomas and Trevor/A New Friend for Thomas - Trevor is bored, but is delighted when he is asked to help Thomas clear the new harbor.
- Percy and the Signal - James and Gordon fool Percy into thinking there are such things as "backing signals".
- Duck Takes Charge - Percy is having a hard time, so the Fat Controller buys a tank engine named Duck to do his work.
- Percy and Harold/Percy Proves a Point - Percy challenges a helicopter called Harold to a race to the harbour.
- The Runaway - Thomas returns from the Works with a stiff handbrake that almost causes disaster when he runs away.
- Percy Takes the Plunge - Percy wants to see why he is forbidden to pass the "Danger" board on the quay, but soon wishes he had not.
- Pop Goes the Diesel - A Diesel arrives in the yard and makes a fool of himself when trying to move some trucks.
- Dirty Work/Diesel's Devious Deed - Diesel blames Duck for making him look silly and vows to get revenge.
- A Close Shave/A Close Shave for Duck - Duck is chased by a goods train into a barber shop.
- Better Late Than Never - Thomas is held up by repairs on the viaduct and Bertie gives him a hard time, until he breaks down.
- Break Van/Donald and Douglas - A spiteful brakevan causes grief for Donald and Douglas.
- The Deputation - Percy is chosen to ask the Fat Controller not to send Donald and Douglas away.
- Thomas Comes to Breakfast - The Ffarquhar stationmaster gets a nasty surprise when Thomas crashes into his dining room.
- Daisy - The new diesel railcar is fussy and rude.
- Percy's Predicament - The trucks pay Percy out by pushing him into the back of a train.
- The Diseasel - A mysterious "diseasel" takes Bill and Ben's trucks.
- Wrong Road - Gordon is mistakenly sent onto Edward's Branch Line, and is harassed by Bill and Ben.
- Edward's Exploit - Edward braves wet weather and a broken crankpin to bring some enthusiasts home.
- Ghost Train/Percy's Ghostly Trick - Percy pays Thomas out for calling him silly.
- Woolly Bear - Treacle, wind and hay don't mix, as Percy soon finds out.
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree - The Christmas party is almost ruined when Thomas collides with a snowdrift while bringing the Christmas tree home.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Donald and Douglas
- Bill and Ben
- The Spiteful Brakevan
- Jem Cole
- The Vicar of Wellsworth
- Sam the Farmer (mentioned)
- The Missing Coach was going to be an episode in this season, but it was cancelled and replaced by Thomas, Percy and the Coal.
- In the Ukrainian narration, Ringo Starr's voice can still be heard in the background.
- The Norwegian version credits Ringo Starr as the narrator, even though it was re-dubbed in Norwegian.
- This was Ringo Starr's last season as narrator.
- This was Robert D. Cardona's last season as producer.
- From this season onwards, the trucks have molded faces.
- This is the last season to feature all Railway Series stories.
- Henry regains his wheel arches, which were removed when he got his new shape in.